This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
Okay..
Newly overhauled engine.
Also the valve guides..
And a omega/accrlaite piston with a build-in clearance of 0,07 inch..
In the metric system it is even more scary; 0,11mm!

Normalyy that's 'worn out'?
Anyway, after about 1200km's running in i had to fill up the oil 2 times with 0,5L..

And yes, i do not understand and it worries me a bit.

Has anyone corresponding experience with this piston?
O.11 mm is 4 thou, (0.004) which would be in the ballpark for a new piston.
If Omega are asking for 0.007 (7 thou) = 0.177 mm it does appear quite a large clearance but it all depends on the piston expansion qualities. Omega should know what their producs require.
Just a thought, going back quite a few years. when we were running Accralite pistons in our 500 racer on + 0.020" size, I had to replace a piston quickly before a race meeting and ordered one and fitted it as soon as it arrived. At the race meeting, the bike performed fairly well [surprisingly], but rattled, smoked and spewed oil from the breather. Back at home, I stripped the top end again to check and I found a standard bore size piston in the oversize bore - A standard piston had somehow found its way into a box marked +0.020"!
Worth a check?
I seem to recall Omega pistons for Velocette Venoms required .0045" clearance.And the original pistons .004".
And i do recall a friends RE Bullet lightning he fitted with an Accrillite at.0065" and Alloy barrel and it sounded
terrible whenever he took off down the road,the rattle was very noticeable.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles