This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By PeteF
Ah!
New tyres!
If the circumference of the tyres is now different the ABS could be confused.
By black fingernail
I know on cars with ABS , that you cannot just push the pads back, allowing the fluid to push back through the system, as damage can happen to the ABS unit. You must open the bleed nipple to allow the fluid out instead, I wonder if your pads were pushed back to re-fit your wheel after tyre change.
Just a thought.
By Creaky45
Pete F, Makes sense but if the wheels are slightly different diameter you would think the ECU and ABS would have learnt that by now but no one knows how they work. And here lies the problem with modern electronics. The only way to prove a faulty component is to replace it with a known good one but if you ask a dealer to do that they will charge you for that component whether it fixes the problem or not. (I say this from past experience). This vibration I have is hardly noticeable so if you rode my bike you would say it was fine but, as I said, if something changes on a bike you ride every day you can easily notice it and unless you can prove a definite and permanent fault eg the bike won't start at all you've got Buckley's of getting it fixed.
By PeteF
"you would think the ECU and ABS would have learnt that by now "
I don't know how they work either but I don't suppose the RE ABS would be that sophisticated.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles