This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By harldav
Hi guys, I've just acquired a 350 Redditch Bullet engine, or rather the bottom end with gearbox. The engine rotates freely and looks worth recovering and rebuilding. I am wondering how i find out which model year it is. It has 1080 stamped on the crank case. I don't think it's too early a model as it as a Lucas alternator and what left of the points/distributor. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.
By harldav
Thanks for the info. I notice it has a 5 spring clutch fitted, I thought 3 spring was standard for this era?
By Adrian
I assume you mean a five PLATE clutch, 3 was indeed standard for an older 350. Consider it an upgrade!

A.
By harldav
Yes 5 plate, said springs because it has 5 pressure springs on the end plate. I'm not convinced it's a Clipper engine as previously suggested, because of the position of the oil filler. Also of interest, to me anyhow, is that unlike my other Bullet engine this one as a relief/drain bolt located adjacent to the external oil pipe where it exists the crank case.
By enfield_trials
it seems to me as clipper 350 as well .. i am currently building one .. putting loads of indian parts :-)
my engine is number is C 315 as i remember ..

oil filler is front on clipper 250 . i think you are confusing with that. .. i hope this helps.

Regards
ET
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-26 at 14.36.13.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-01-05 at 17.41.29.jpeg
By harldav
enfield_trials wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:17 pm
it seems to me as clipper 350 as well .. i am currently building one .. putting loads of indian parts :-)
my engine is number is C 315 as i remember ..

oil filler is front on clipper 250 . i think you are confusing with that. .. i hope this helps.

Regards
ET
Thank you. Appreciate the pics. I'll clean mine up and start taking it to bits and see where it takes me.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles