This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Wheaters
Having been taken in by one of these so-called "UK sellers" on eBay and being stung for import duty on what I took to be a very good price, making the item considerably more expensive than advertised, I now make a point of checking their REAL address at the bottom of the listing. Many are actually based a few thousand miles away.

If challenged they say that they do sell to the UK but aren't based here.
By Adrian
Price of postage will do Adrian will let you know when I've got them out!
OK, let me know over on the MBR forum, ta.

A.
By stinkwheel
Wheaters wrote:Having been taken in by one of these so-called "UK sellers" on eBay and being stung for import duty on what I took to be a very good price, making the item considerably more expensive than advertised, I now make a point of checking their REAL address at the bottom of the listing. Many are actually based a few thousand miles away.

If challenged they say that they do sell to the UK but aren't based here.
I hope you left negative feedback.

The delivery date is a good indicator of if ebay sellers are ACTUALLY in the UK. Why would someone have an 8 day delivery time for items in-stock in the UK?
By Wheaters
Yes, I left appropriate feedback. Having said that, a few times I've had to leave negative feedback after poor service from a few "proper" UK sellers who don't have what's advertised in stock and obviously think an "alternative" item will do. No good when you're buying a gearbox part. No-one connected with this website, though.
By Wheaters
Anyway - back to the main subject : Off-roading on a Bullet!

The bike is a ready as it can be. I'm setting off at 06:30 tomorrow. It's going to be very muddy, especially as 250 bikes and cars will have been on the sections ahead of me.
By Wheaters
Only thing to report is a non-repairable rear puncture ten miles in, after only one section.

Followed by a 5 hour wait for recovery at a minor road junction on top of a very cold and windswept hill. So much for the RAC promising to be with me in less than 90 minutes. :x
By Wheaters
I’m fine thanks but a snotagram will be written.
I did get a phone call from RAC “customer care” who asked me if there was a nearby shop to go to to wait in. I was five miles north west of Buxton on the hills..... :roll:

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles