This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Andy C
Picked my Himalayan up yesterday, the only "problem" I found is that the screen deflects the wind perfectly onto my helmet and I am constantly buffeted by the wind from it - even if I adjust the screen I still get wind buffeting - feels a bit like you have been punched in the head after a few miles.

Easisest solution I have found is to remove the screen.

Anyone else found this?

Aside from that it rides really well as expected, just have to get it run in. Dealer advised not to pay too much attention to the running speeds in the manual - just use common sense, i.e. dont thrash it, dont labour it, just keep the engine spinning at a nice leisurley pace and dont rev the nuts off it !!
By HimalayanPrince
Sadly, this has been my only real gripe since day one, oh and 'numb bum' - have owned my Himalayan for just under six months. Have tried extending the screen and although it helps, it's not a cure. Like yourself, I'm currently running without the screen attached, which is a welcome relief. However, long term I believe the solution lies with a smaller 'flyscreen' type, which would also afford some protection to the clocks. Not brave enough to cut the original down and have had no luck finding a 'Universal' option that fits. Might our hosts consider stepping in and offering something based on their extended replacement, but with a much shorter blade?
By HimalayanPrince
The 'numb bum' thing is a whole new episode, so probably best not to go there. As for the screen, thanks for the link but, whether I'm brave enough to give it a go is another matter - any mods I've made to the bike so far are all reversible. In the meantime, should I find a replacement solution will keep you posted - you can't say the Himalayan doesn't have character!
By Big Rob
Andy C wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:07 am
Picked my Himalayan up yesterday, the only "problem" I found is that the screen deflects the wind perfectly onto my helmet and I am constantly buffeted by the wind from it - even if I adjust the screen I still get wind buffeting - feels a bit like you have been punched in the head after a few miles.

Easisest solution I have found is to remove the screen.

Anyone else found this?

Aside from that it rides really well as expected, just have to get it run in. Dealer advised not to pay too much attention to the running speeds in the manual - just use common sense, i.e. dont thrash it, dont labour it, just keep the engine spinning at a nice leisurley pace and dont rev the nuts off it !!
I experienced the same wind buffeting noise at first, tried both positions on the screen and found no improvement. I ended up fitting the Hitchcock's extended screen which has dramatically reduced the buffeting noise, I think this screen just suits my riding position and height a lot better than the standard setup.

http://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycle ... News/38955
By Borsuk
I´m only 5`5" and find that the screen is fine for me. I have no buffeting problems and my fly impacts all occur a good inch or so above my visor line.
Strong winds from 45° tend to catch the screen and push it about but other than that I have no problems.
By Andy C
I am 5' 10" ish and as I said the screen directs the wind smack bang onto my helmet making for a very unleasant riding experience.

As it is neither use nor ornament, I decided to try cutting it down, and no surprise now the buffeting hits me in the chest - better that making you feel like you have been punched in the head but still not pleasant.

Think I'll consign it to the bin and see about one our hosts higher screens.
By stinkwheel
You've all seen those adjustable clip/bolt-on screen deflectors right?

They are designed to combat this exact problem. Puig make one, among other companies

By Andy C
Well aware of these but personally I think they look naff.

Higher screen yes, but an attachment is a no no for me.

Just my personal take.
By RocketRR
Hitchcocks higher screen for me absolutely perfect and I like the light tint too.

Bought the touring seats and found these a fantastic improvement. Longest ride 250 miles lately and no issues.

Why are these not standard ????

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles