This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Rushour
Its funny how peoples views change when something new ( styled I mean ) come out ? When I first saw the Himalayan I thought it looked awful! but after riding one and now after owning one for a couple of years - I think that they look and perform ( for the price and size of engine ) wonderfully. Certainly on my 10 mile "B" road ride to work - I will jump on the Himalayan before my New Interceptor and a lot less polishing to boot ! It has to be one my favourite bikes - it just seems to do the job in hand without fuss effortlessly and seems to eat up the miles in comfort.
By Himalayan 19
I have looked on YouTube for a couple off weeks on Himalayan, and now at last ordered one.
Granite
Gone pick it up in beginning of September, for a ride 650 km back home.
I don’t know if a have the patience to hold 60 kmh on the way back.
By Andy C
Himalayan 19 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:21 pm
I have looked on YouTube for a couple off weeks on Himalayan, and now at last ordered one.
Granite
Gone pick it up in beginning of September, for a ride 650 km back home.
I don’t know if a have the patience to hold 60 kmh on the way back.
650 km (400 miles) is certainly a long way to ride at 60 kmh, personally I would do regular stops to break up the ride and give the bike a rest, you need to tell yourself that it is going to be worthwhile......having the patience.

Since picking mine up yesterday I have done a little over 50 miles - long way to go yet.
By John G
I would definitely recommend watching "Itchy Boots" You Tube videos. She rides through the most challenging terrain in countries like Iran, Turkey, Azerbijan, etc, etc. Her Himalayan handles whatever gets thrown at it with great aplomb. The videos are very entertaining, and informative, well worth a look. :D
By papasmurf
I am surprised at how little problem Itchy Boots has had with her Himalayan, her bike has only just had a sprocket change.
Which given the distance ridden with a heavily laden bike on really rough roads in appalling conditions is remarkable.

The mechanic who services all my wife and I's bikes, (Except the Electra X) had his arm twisted by a Himalayan owner to take it out for a ride and he was VERY impressed. (A difficult thing to do.)
By Duke of Wybourne.
The original review totally mirrors how I feel about my own bike. I can't fault it. It was bought solely as transport. I did a lot of pondering before I eventually made the decision, and I'm glad I did. The bike as standard works well, I don't need to go fast so it suits me fine. I've ridden one that's had all the available upgrades including taller gearing, but I'll leave mine alone. It's the perfect bike for the "Highlands and Islands" which is where it will mainly be. I might stick a set of alloy rims on it in the future if it behaves . :lol:
By RocketRR
My other bikes sit sad in the garage as I always now seem to pick the Himalayan in front of everything.
I went for a test ride on an Interceptor the other day and I won't be rushing out to buy one ... sorry loving Interceptor owners.
What the hell is the slipper clutch for hey ho Himalayan every time :D
By Borsuk
I have both now.

I flit between UK and Spain and the Himmi is in the Spanish mountains and the Interceptor in Wales. So no conflict about which to ride :D
One day I might swap them over for a change.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles