This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Cov Lad
I am planning my mot trip and would like to carry some tools in the event of another breakdown. My list so far includes the following: pliers, plug spanner, spare plug, screw drivers, 12, 13, 14mm spanners and sockets. These tools will allow me to remove petrol tank. I will of course have my breakdown telephone no and a charged cell phone. I wondered if anyone would suggest anything else?
By Wheaters
My bike is a 350 iron barrelled Bullet and I also needed a 10mm spanner for the tappet adjustments, which were needed every 50 miles or so as the exhaust valve rapidly ate its way into the cylinder head.

I got to the stage with it where I threatened to include a box of Swan Vestas (thankfully not needed them since I had a hardened exhaust valve seat fitted).
By Leon Novello
There is usually a comprehensive tool roll which comes with the bike. I would also include tyre levers and tube repair kit. We rode thousands of miles around Australia in the `50s with no tube repair kits, spare spark plugs and NO insurance. Never needed any of them. I have never had a flat tyre on a motorcycle in all the years since.
By Cov Lad
I have breakdown cover , problem is they send out a van and then you wait for another two hours for a recovery lorry if problem can't be sorted.
By Andy C
Spare fuse(s), a length of wire and some wire snips.

That has got me out of trouble a few times in the past on other bikes.
By Presto
Don’t forget selection of nylon cable ties, duct tape, tyre repair solution, spare chain link and wrap the whole lot up in clean absorbent cloth.
By Presto
I guess it'd be good policy to carry these things on the bike permanently. You only need to go as far the width of a nail to get a puncture and as far as it takes for a chain to snap to break one.
By ericpode
Cov Lad wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:37 am
I have breakdown cover , problem is they send out a van and then you wait for another two hours for a recovery lorry if problem can't be sorted.
AA vans have a folding trailer for bikes that can be made to "grow" out of the back door.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles