This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Justin
yes, the lights come on on dipped, horn works. Battery shows fully charged. Break light works. The ammeter moves when the horn is used etc :)
By stinkwheel
Ok, couple of basics. Is there 12v at the white on red wire at the ignition coil? Is there 12V at the wire going into the points?

There should be.
By Daiwiskers
Adrian made a good point about taking a lead directly from the battery to the coil

It sounds like a rewire is due (don't rewire with one colour yes I have seen it done)

Good luck with it Dai
By Justin
Thanks all.
I'M SO DUMB!
The engine was dead due to the killswitch. I never even knew there was a killswitch.
:lol:
By Wheaters
I once got "volunteered" to help push a brand new Honda 750 five miles along country lanes to the nearest petrol station because it allegedly ran out of fuel in the pub car park. We were well over halfway there when...well, you know what happened! It was a long walk back to the pub. :D
By Daiwiskers
Kill switch think we have all been there
:lol:
By stinkwheel
Been there, done that. Although I'd totally forgotten my bullet originally came with a kill switch. I replaced the throttle twist grip with a different one soon after I got it.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles