This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By stinkwheel
That picture isn't mine, it's from the online catalogue. Thought it might herlp because it shows the orientation and at least one fitment point for the brackets.

Do you think the brackets might be supposed to fit on the captive nuts rather than the studs? Might be worth a try.

Try emailing Hitchcocks directly, they are usually very helpful.

The answer may be that it appears no two Indian Bullets are exactly the same so bracketry tends to be a "We'll do our best but you might have to do a bit of fiddling when it arrives" kind of affair. Which is certainly borne-out by the three I've had over the years. I've taken parts off one which fitted perfectly and found they wouldn't fit the other one without some serious whacking with a rubber mallet.
By Adrian
Your Friday afternoon could be the middle of the night here in the UK! Our hosts go home Friday evening LOCAL TIME and come back Monday morning. :D

A.
By stinkwheel
Guaire wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:55 pm
I emailed support yesterday afternoon. It's Saturday. I haven't heard anything yet.
You need to remember, Hitchocks is a very traditional motorbike workshop with very traditional working hours. It's not a big computerised distribution hub with someone sat at a computer terminal 24/7. Proper brown overcoat stuff. When they get your order, someone prints it out then has to go with a cardboard box and find your bits in a bewildering array of racking, shelves, parts bins and used forks propped in the corner. They have always been very helpful with me when I had questions. They'll be in Monday morning but I bet they get loads of emails over the weekend.
By Allanfox
I would think the quickest way forward is to work out how much lower you need it to be and cut/weld the brackets until they are right, appreciate you may not be able to do that at home but a simple job for a metal fabricating company?
By Allanfox
I know it does seem weird to have to be making custom brackets for something that is off the shelf, but such is the world of Enfield, well to be fair I am sure the newer ones have improved this?

Anyway good luck, does look like you are on top of it now!
By stinkwheel
Guaire wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 3:55 pm
One thing really impresses me. My B5 and the Hitchcock seat have Whitworth nuts and bolts! Thank God I still have a set of British Standard/Whitworth wrenches!
They are more likely to be British Standard Cycle Thread. But your Whitworth spanners will fit the hex.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles