This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By Paul
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/uploads ... 178188.jpg

British 350 Royal Enfield. This is 60 years old and a true classic. It is in trials trim and has some expensive parts fitted to it that I will list:

1) Special alloy billet fork yoke assy with fork leg extensions for trails use. This is a high quality competition part that was produced in the UK in Devon. It cost a fortune but gives the bike a better geometry and clearance.

2) Softer front fork springs for better compliance.

3) Alloy wheel rims (21 inch front 18 inch rear) with stainless spokes.

4) Continental dual sport tyres, virtually no wear, legal for road use.

5) Alloy mudguards

6) Alloy handlebars

7) Boyer rectifier unit so the bike runs without a battery.

8) Slim competition one gallon alloy petrol tank.

9) Special large diameter rear wheel sprocket for better off road gearing.

10) Rear leather storage bag.

11) Slim tuck-away kickstart lever

12) Foldable foot rests.

13) Quick action throttle.

14) Amal 930 carb

15) Hi Level exhaust with alloy silencer

16) NJB Shox

17) Alloy engine plates

18) Scrambles rear chain tensioner

The engine is standard and I believe it is the original from the factory with no tuning modifications, likewise the gearbox. numbers match the V5.

The bike has a V5 and I have ridden it on the road some times. For approx the last ten years the bike has been in storage. Today I wheeled it out and gave it some petrol and a quick wash. I started it and rode it up the road and back with no problems but no doubt it could use a service and some fettling. It doesn't need an MOT as it was first built in 1959. Bike is near Ware, Hertfordshire. Price £2995 Email paulgrace50@googlemail.com

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles