This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By Hardhat_Barry
Probably a long shot but I need either a post 1950 (Nacelle type) lower yoke or preferable a pre 1950 front end (upper and lower yoke and forks.) I do have a most of the post 1950 front end but the lower yoke looks to be from an early Bullet and the pin has been badly cross threaded, and I have a pre 1950 lower yoke (a bit mangled) and the headlight mounts.

Can anyone help??

I was trying to make the later forks work with the earlier stuff but have since found out the top yoke I have is not model G (it is from the same era) and I cant engineer my way out of not having the earlier screw threaded stanchions without myself questioning the safety aspect of my solution
By enfield_trials
Hi Bary

have you checked our host used parts

I have pre 50 Model-G partially dismantled complete forks. even wheel/handle bar

i hope our host dont mind parts exchange. i am looking bullet forks legs in usable condition. even indian one.

you can send me bullets forks legs , i can try to send model G stuff ?

similar model forks.

Regards
ET
datarector AT yahoo.com
By Hardhat_Barry
Hi

I only have model G 1954 forks with the correct upper yoke but the lower yoke is from a bullet (I think) its deffo not model G.

I'll check the used parts bin at Hitchys as well
By Hardhat_Barry
Just looked at Hitchys it says no threads on the stanchions, they must have fitted the later stanchions so no good to me
By Hardhat_Barry
Also just noticed that the earlier forks dont have fittings for the nicer 54 mudguard so it looks like I need the 50-54 lower yoke
By Hardhat_Barry
Hi Vince,

Doesnt have the space to fit the chrome spacers that sit above the headlight bracket mounts and the part the top of the fork goes in has a
slight curve not straight
By vince
Hi, sounds like you have sidecar yokes, take a look in hosts used parts section. All steel sliders interchange and have lugs for mudguard stays, as do late alloy bottom
Castings. Vince. Ps these early forks are really good and worth fitting.
By Mark M
Vince, interesting comment! I have a set of these forks, why do you think they're worth fitting? Compared with the later alloy type for instance?

REgards, Mark
By vince
Hi, having used both early and late forks off road, I would definitely go with the early. Just the overall feel over the bumps the progressive damping seem better and they have filters and level plugs. Don Morley also refers in his trials/scrambles book to the alloy slider forks as being a retrograde step. Perhap it has to do with the spring being screwed at both ends into the leg rather than just pressing against the ends. However try the leading link forks as fitted to super 5, antidive,no flex and really good. Vince

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles