This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By Mid-Shires.JD
1959 Meteor Minor FOR SALE 4K£. 07766947932. This bike has been utterly reliable, dependable and enjoyable for the four years (of my six year tenure) since RE legend Ray Tew rebuilt to motor, gearbox and went through the entire bike to enhance reliability. Due regard was paid to its lived-in look so it was rebuilt rather than restored. That decision was made because it is one of the rarer deep mudguard models rather than the sports chromed guards models and it was intended for regular road use rather than investment or ornamental use. The mudguards have been removed every winter for an extra layer of tecaloid on their underside. Last year we decided to move from the stock 17 inch rims to 18 inch allowing for a much wider range of tyre choices. That also benefited the gearing. Ray Tew rebuilt the wheels. My price is firm and very fair for a easy to start and live with classic that has taken me all over the country and will only appreciate in value. John nr Rugby.
By Scalyback
Sounds nice and I can confirm that they are very nice & smooth motorcycles. A joy to own.

Scaleyback Simon.
By Adrian
Have seen the picture of this bike on that other site, the 18" wheels suit it.

A.
By Mark M
I have ridden this bike before and after the 18" rim conversion and the change is quite a transformation. It doesn't change the looks (only a half inch under the guards,) but it makes the bike much more relaxed and slightly faster in the gears. This is an excellent riding machine!

REgards, Mark

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles