This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By Mark M
Obviously we won't know about the quality of the bikes actually delivered but I must emphasise that Chris Overton's comments were written, as he says, completely without favour. I know Chris and I also know that if he says it's an honest appreciation it definitely is!

REgards, Mark
By Scalyback
The delay???? It's simple. They are on strike!

By rustygman
Don't worry papasmurf, it won't be me doing the beta testing. I will be waiting for at least a year's feedback before I leap on a new one. Things like crap chains, no centrestand and poor engine finish and I won't bother.
By Norm
Nobody seems to do the figures the Indians constantly bang on about regarding their production figures, just do the maths 700,000 units a year equates to over 1900 bikes per day 7 days a week, 52 weeks of the year or simply one bike every 53 seconds
By Jamesy
It's a can of worms involving trade union recognition,better wages and conditions (sound familiar to some of us?)They returned on Monday only to walk out because management banned mobile phones.Be prepared eventually for some dodgy bikes coming over.
By Jamesy
It'll be bish bash bosh on the production lines.Back in the day my Union's attitude to management was you shaft us and we will shaft you if you get my drift.It all happened at Ferranti Edinburgh 1971.
By Norm
papasmurf, I don't care how many factories they have, to achieve those figures they have to produce a bike every 53 seconds 24 hours a day seven days a week 52 weeks a year.This is not producing a bike every 53 seconds on an 8 hour shift, this continuous non stop production every single day of the year. Try keeping parts up to that supply chain. Just try fitting a battery every 53 seconds. Honda can produce that sort of figure, they have factories worldwide and they don't have an Indian workforce
By papasmurf
Norm there will be multiple production lines in each factor, and multiple feeds within each production line.

If anyone can be bothered to watch:-

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles