This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By rustygman
There doesn't seem to be any comment on here regarding the new 650 twins but the usa launch is pretty much on and the reviews are coming in and very good they are too. The basic interceptor price is 5799 (dollars) which seems like a steal. No idea on the UK launch but my iron barrel is looking a little nervous today.
By Mark M
Those who have already put down a deposit are being told that the UK launch will be in May. It's not clear if the UK will get the same spec or colours as the US. If I'd put down a deposit a year ago I'd be pretty pissed off by now which might explain why potential buyers aren't holding their breath! It baffles me why the Indian company keeps doing this, going off way too soon. It just loses credibility and goodwill which is a shame as I'm sure it will do well when it arrives.

REgards, Mark
By enfield_trials
Good to know Mark M you booked the New Interceptor . i think it will good success for Royal Enfield.
this is comparison i did last year.

By Adrian
We had all this nonsense with the (eventual) launch of the Himalayan, do we have to go through this with every new model? By new models I don't mean the latest "limited edition" paint jobs. It just gets so tedious... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A.
By Wayne
I have placed a deposit on an Orange Interceptor - now with the winter looming I am not that bothered when it comes but May seems ages with the USA promised bikes in Feb, My dealer has been told by the factory we might get a batch in Nov ? lets not hold our breath here !
By Jamesy
I was looking at the launch of the interceptor at the Scottish Motorcycle show back in March and the dealer hadn't a clue when he was getting them.Still hasn't a clue when he's getting them.
By Wayne
As a keen Royal Enfield rider and enthusiast - as we all are on here I assume - I fnd it frustrating that our warmness is being erroded by false promises by the factory, I always found that underpromise and overachieve works better on customers than winding folks up by keeping them waiting.
By Mark M
Nearest competition in the UK and probably most other markets is Triumph who with 7 models from £7800 and 2 more coming soon will surely benefit from this messing about. Most buyers don't have the brand loyalty some of us do!

REgards, Mark
By Wheaters
I had heard unofficially that there may be a few demo machines coming to UK in a few weeks' time from now. But I'm not holding my breath...

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles