This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By TONUPBOY
With all due respect, Pete, virtually every Bullet I've come across that has seen regular use has bluing at the exhaust-- particularly those that don't have finned cooling collars. Considering the plug on this guy is just slightly sooty and the timing has been set per the manual, I can only conclude the bluing is perfectly normal and commonplace.
By PeteF
With further due respect😀
Mine's not blue (and it gets plenty of use) and come to think of it, we don't have one anything like that blue in our branch. Perhaps it's too cold in Yorkshire😀
By Beezabryan
Which Carburetor is dangling downdrafty style from the inlet stub? The old or the fleabay one?
By TONUPBOY
Thats interesting, Pete. I've got a 2012 Bonneville with 527 miles on it that has the same bluing pattern. Again... considering the bike runs fine through all stages of throttle and the plug is a chocolate brown, I'm not concerned, and the prospective buyer need not be either. Maybe the previous owner had it running retarded or lean at one point?

That's the new Mikuni on there. I did a quick mock-up there, as I had just received the carb in the mail and the lighting was conducive to taking pictures-- that's why the cable isn't connected.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles