This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By p11andy
good afternoon folks ,
i am looking for a series 2 intercepter to buy please preferably restored or ? , i can collect (uk) many thanks for your reply.

regards
andy (sheffield) 07976167778
By Norm
I know of one in Aus, Steve has owned it since 1970 and a few years ago spent at least $25,000 on restoring it. That is what he would admit to anyway.
By Marti
Hello. I live in Ottawa, Canada and have a very nice 1970 registered Interceptor Series II that I will probably be selling next spring. I’m thinking of asking 12000 dollars(Canadian). Let me know if you’re interested and I will send pictures or videos.

Martin
By Adrian
At current exchange rates that's equivalent to £7140.00-ish, do you have some idea of shipping costs to the UK, Martin?

A.
By Marti
I’m afraid not. I have never shipped a bike anywhere. I recently purchased a 1957 MG from the States(Tennessee) and had it shipped to Canada. All I did was hire a company to take care of it, border fees and all. I imagine that a motorbike leaving Ottawa and going to England would ship from the port of Montreal which is about 150km.or an hour and a half drive from here. If I were in your shoes I would contact a shipping company, one preferably with motorbike experience and get a quote from them. I imagine there are three steps- getting it to Montreal, across the Atlantic, and then from the Brit port to your place. I also would think there must be a special crate for a bike to be packed in. When I bought the MG the shippers kept me informed at all times about where the vehicle was and were quite helpful and knowledgeable about what they were doing which was a relief because otherwise I may have found it a bit stressful! You would then have some thinking to do about if the total cost is worth it to you. I think these bikes are probably worth more over there, not sure. They rarely come up for sale on eBay (United States or Canada) and any one that I have seen in decent shape seems to fetch 10 to 12 thousand U.S. dollars at auction.

Cheers............Martin

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles