This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By Flynn
Hi, I am selling my beautiful 1957 AJS 350. It is in stunning condition. Starts easily, although it hasn't been started for several weeks, so might be wet sumped now. I've barely used it during the time of my ownership, just ran it up and down the lane outside our house from time to time. Although it looks absolutely stunning, I have a sneaking suspicion that all is not well with the bottom end. It is noisy and vibrates quite a lot. For all I know this could be perfectly normal for the AJS though and it runs and pulls well. It has just over 10,400 miles on the clock and the previous owner has told me that he believes it to be genuine. I have lots of paperwork and receipts from previous owners. Because it is in such lovely condition I am asking £3500.
By Haggis
Noisy bottom end is definitely not normal. Mines runs as quiet as my Enfield or as quiet as a ohv pushrod engine can be. Does start to vibrate a bit around 50mph but not excessively.Pistons be a bit noisy depending on if it's had a rebore and what clearance was allowed for the piston.
By Flynn
Tbh, I don't know any of the above. I bought it, started it a few times and stored it. (how do you post pics on here btw?)
By Leon Novello
Hi Flynn: Shown to us by another poster.
https://imgbb.com/
Click Start uploading. Click on the photo box, it will turn blue at the edges.
File name appears bottom-left. Click Open on the right. click Upload. On Embed codes, click HTML Full Linked. Then click on COPY on the right. It will turn amber for a second.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles