This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By nige
Hi all, what do you think to the 500 bullet on ebay,item no 220950365744 is it worth considering ,
By John R
It looks like a lovely bike. Just depends on how much it goes for - when I looked, it was at £1220, but the reserve wasn't met after 9 bids. The usual advice; decide how much you would be prepared to pay for it, watch the bidding, carefully note the end time and be prepared to go for a quick snipe at the end!
By Craig

See other Posts On Enfield Priceing, But IMHO a Std Good one is Worth about £1500,

But He has a lot of Nice (I agree,Like Too) Extras on his!

The Danger is he say's:

over 2,000 pounds spent on the bike

So Lets say its worth (My) Top doller £1500 ..Pluss How Much of that 2g he wants to claim back??

I Geuss he would Want £2500 ?  Disscuss is it worth that?

Well Woth a Visit if local too you..(& I am Not Knocking it I like what he's done) But 2.5g+ well there are a Lot of things that Could buy..

Happy Hunting.../ Cheers all.

By PeteF

Nice tidy bike from the photos and he's obviously spent a lot of money on it but has all that work been done properly?

And what's engine like (apart from shiney)?

No way of knowing without having a good look at it.

By nige
Thanks for advice lads,and as you say bling isnt everything.
By Alan R
Hello Nige---- yes, I've had my eye on this one as well---just to see what happens. If you do buy it and, on collection either the engine / G'box / electrics or anything else is NOT quote}---"In very good condition" ---- then under E-bay rules that becomes}---"Not as described" and you claim a refund. However he has put----"Returns accepted" so he seems reasonable. He only has a 49 yellow * so I would check-out his feed back results. He hasn't mentioned how he wants payment made----check this out BEFORE buying. Can you go and view it ASAP ??? ie before aucton ends. Make sure the V5c is in the sellers name and the bike is seen at the address given on the V5c.
By Alan R
Additional to previous-----------------------At home,your £20K conservatory doesn't add £20K to the market value of your house-------------likewise all those "Extras" on that Bullet.  Makes it more "sellable" than A N Other similar bike, prehaps. I agree with the others---Approx. market value ??  IMHO Circa £2,250 to £2,500. Milage is under  approx. 1,000 per year so not bad there. Good luck---- let us know how it went ?? 
By Midge

I bought my 500 on Ebay and it all went very well, I had meant to bid a max £1050 but a bottle of wine and Ebay don't mix and I typed £1500 by mistake.

It was mine for £1200 in the end so I was still happy, even happier when I realised it was ok. Not all Ebay items are bad, in fact, if the seller is genuine its a good way of trading.

By Alan R
Nice one matey----reminds me of that scene in the film  Kelly's Heroes when Donald Sutherland's tank is being repaired as he "Drinks a little wine, has some bread & cheese and takes in some sunshine".   Hell--- I only drive 'em---I don't fix 'em !!   Way 2 go.  What wine was it then? ----     I do quite a lot onE-bay and need some good luck as well. 
By Alan R
Hello nige -------take a look at this on E-bay }-------------------190639262934 -----------------might be of interest and a whole lot cheaper than the other one ??

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles