This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By Durham Tim
I know how I'D deal with it!!

I'd avoid at all costs!! I'm amazed how much is being asked for this! As you suggested, how would you even get it registered? As it's an Indian import, I guess you'd have to have it SVA tested first. Even on a relitvely new bike that's a nightmare in itself, let alone on this. (I know...I did it myself a few years ago).

For a couple of hundred quid more you can get something at least twice as good looking. As for buying as a breaker, I'm not sure what would be worth salvaging??

As for negotiation, you could always ask the vendor to drop a zero off the price! :)
By Barry_Q
I wouldn't touch this bike with a barge pole. The biggest factor is "No paperwork". Getting a reciept from the vendor isn't the problem, but the lack of a Customs Certificate saying that import Duties have been paid is. I've checked the Customs reciept for my Lightning and the import Duty was £645. That reciept was dated 27/9/1999. God knows what you would have to pay now if you wanted to register the bike!

If it was a UK registered 500 Bullet, then the bike would be viable for £850. Since it's a non UK 350 and appears to be a pre-2000 machine (and a ratty abused one at that), I wouldn't even give £300 for parts.
By Alan R
Hi PETER }---------- yes, I saw this as well and my gut reaction was the same ie NO PAPERWORK !!!! NO WAY !!!!! It might just be of interest if you were to contact the dealer concerned and ask for the history of the bike and how it came to be in his possession?? ----and if he has any documents to support it. It's the age-old advice to any would-be buyer ie Learn when to walk away----you CAN buy better, another day !! Might not be what you want to hear right now. PS-- I've given your info to someone who has a nice 350 up for grabs right now at that sort of money. Hopefully he'll be in touch.
By Tallpaul
Hi Peter, I have a 1994 350 for sale £850 including spare parts inherited with the bike but not used. (Clutch,brakes, filters etc)MOT/Tax until mid June.I am in kidderminster if you want a look. or pm your email for a photo. Cheers, Paul

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles