This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By Exile
This one caught my eye in the Danish version of Exchange & Mart....

At around £3,500, it looks attractive.
By Midge
I do like the idea of a diesel, in fact conversion is a serious option if my engine problems persist. The thing is, all the engines seem to be low power Chinese cement mixer engines without a good build reputation and at a cost which would be more expensive then chucking my existing bike in a skip and buying a similar one.
By Gwilly
I'm looking at it with an open mind, trying to weight the pros and cons..cheap to run etc..

But i'm sorry i just don't see the attraction.. Think i'd rather run a bantam…. Or catch the bus…

Gwilly the luddite rocker...
By grunda 12
well maybe i should correct 2 misconseptions being the owner / builder of a diesel enfield i,ll give you the facts , i converted my 350 bullet 2 years ago the engine cost £300 brand new off ebay it is chinese 10hp yanmar clone it will do 150 mpg at speeds of up to 57mph not quite bantam speeds i know ive had 1(D14/4 MAYBE),the diesel engine will run on a variety of different oils e.g veg oil ,sunflower oil keresene etc etc ,i must say that 57mph matches a 350 bullet (indian spec)very well and also with the diesel there is a lot of torque ,also the cement mixer engine parts are very cheap head gasket £1 ,injector £20 ,injector pump £29 ,i had an early problem when the flywheel main bearing gave up the ghost but it was replaced by a european bearing in under 4 hours ,these engines are very easy to work on and they have no dodgy spark plugs ,carbrettors ,points /electronic ignitions etc etc all you need is fuel, injection,compression and clunk clunk if anyone needs help with a conversion i can help so lets not KNOCK!!! THE GOOD OLD CHINKY DIESEL EH LADS atb Paul.
By Bullet Whisperer
I worked on one a couple of years ago [not sure what engine, but it had a big air cleaner like something off a tractor stuck on the side]. After putting the front downtube / engine mounting stud back in - it was hanging out - and putting a new nut on it and then sorting very slack steering head bearings, it was safe enough to ride. This one did 48 mph flat out and the owner reckoned it did 1000km to a [big] tankfull, although I would want to be getting off and stretch my legs well before that. Cheap to run, though, especially on the red stuff he had in it. Each to their own, though. Cheers, Paul.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles