This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By Alan R
DROOL CITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-----------I love that rather "conservative" estimate....Any idea when it comes up for Auction ?? Anyone got a programme ?? My guess is it will go "Overseas", probably where they grow AW-ran-geez and ride Dew-car-teez ??
By Riggers
I wonder if that 'Albion looking' gearbox is the same design as the ones on our Indian Bullets. If it is (and I'd put money on it) on a 50bhp Inerceptor it will be totally overloaded. Imagine the strain on those little bearings when you open it up in third and top!, and only grease to ease the strain on the gears!!! Still I wouldn't say no to it for Christmas :-))
By Derkoni
The Rickman Interceptor at Bonhams is a nice bike but made up from bits certainly not a genuine Rickman no Disc brakes wrong engine number etc so £7500 about the right price since a genuine Rickman Interceptor although a bit rusty has just been sold for around £9,250 and is on its way to Germany.
If you are looking for a Genuine Rickman Interceptor with provenance look on Burton Bike Bits Rickman Interceptor Register and you will see my bike which I keep thinking of selling but don't get round to advertising it.
Out of interest my Rickman used to belong to Allan Hitchcock and was the actual bike Road tested in June 1992 classic bike, and I have owned for nearly 20 years and I only live locally if its of interest.
By Alan R
Just as an aside, my mate Mike has a RICKMAN RANCHER motorhome---rare enough BUT this one is an original prototype with Docs. etc. Not telling you where it is though.
By Norm
Riggers, mind your language, English gentelmen filled their boxes with oil, Indians put this grease stuff in them because they couldn't stop them leaking

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles