Please Note: As we make our living selling parts, we will NOT accept postings offering parts for sale or requesting parts wanted (complete bikes are ok). Any postings appearing to break this agreement will be deleted. Thank you for your cooperation.
I have been thinking - dangerous, I know - and it is all very well having a rant about that Russian dictator's terrible behaviour lately, but that doesn't really help anyone in the Ukraine, which is what I would like to do.
With that in mind, I have decided to sell a restoration project, a Honda 175 which I bought not long ago, with all proceeds to go to help the people of Ukraine in some form or another, without recovering what it cost me in the first place - what it sells for is what will go to a charity to help. It may look a bit of a wreck, but they are quite collectable and it could raise a tidy sum, I hope. The bike doesn't run, but might do with a little work and I hope to see to that to increase the current value by some margin, but I have questions.
How best to sell it - I was thinking of some kind of auction perhaps? I want it to make as much as possible and none of it will be going in my pocket, and, where to send / donate the proceeds with proof to show that they have gone to a good cause?
Any suggestions welcome, I will try to get it running this coming week to hopefully increase it's value.
Ideas, anyone?
Lastly, it has no documents, but the registration, which might be quite valuable itself [JFK] is still on the DVLA database and there is an old tax disc on the bike, so a replacement log book shouldn't be a problem.
Attachments
DSCF4482.JPG
DSCF4482.JPG (1.48 MiB) Viewed 1538 times
DSCF4479.JPG
DSCF4479.JPG (1.48 MiB) Viewed 1538 times

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles