This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By guru
FOR SALE: bought the bike as a project number of years ago sinse then , Engine: all top end work & new components fitted. Bottom end ie - clutch / oil pump / seals. All electrical parts replaced ie loom, switches ect. Wheels s/s spokes - bearings, sprockets - front & rear, tyres tubes. Head set. have all original nuts, bolts & spindles with all replace with s/s. Engine is in frame with centre stand fitted, all chrome parts been re-chromed - kick start / g/leaver, head steady / valanced mudguards. New exhaust system and Hagon shocks still boxed, Basically all which can be upgraded or renewed has been with a new 2 pack paint job. An Ideal project for someone its just waiting to be put together and to enjoy the ride. Costs for bike and all parts (from HM) is 3/1.2 K, sell for £1500. I don't think I've left anything of the list, but i probably have done.
By posthouwer
Hi guru, assuming you still have the bike could you send me a couple of pic's.
It sounds like a pile of parts - have you ever had it running ?
Can you send me your email address, although I think this is frowned upon on the forum ?
Cheers,
Alan
By guru
FOR SALE: 1966 Crusader Sports with unique reg number of RBF 9D. In response to an earlier request for a photo, this Crusader photo is: NOT the one for sale but is a great image of the same model bike, the one I have for sale is the identical model. Earlier was asked if the bike ever worked, YES when first bought it, I rode it the 20+mls home before deciding to do a full nut n bolt restoration job, engine is currently in the frame & with partial rebuild (purpose was to re-place & upgrade any worn parts - unleaded conversion top end ect, no broken fins all sound, bottom end seals, oil pump, clutch, engine sprocket replaced) New head set & fork springs. All paint work re done (black powder coated, any parts in red are professionally repainted with gold hand painted pin stripes down tank) all chrome parts been re-chromed (kick start, gear leaver, head steady, chain guard, mud guards) Wheels re built in s/s with new bearings, sprockets, tyres / tubes, Up dated electrics (harness, horn, switches, diodes, amp ect) Seat same as in photo been re-upholstered, choice of two sets of new bars, has its original alloy leavers, new head lite rim and sealed beam unit, 95% of parts are there most have been upgraded or replaced due to being not up to standard. Most fastenings are in S/S but have used original ones where can. Have all invoices for parts from HM, £1350 ovno. (All spares available from HM). Location - Warrington, Cheshire.I think i have covered everything but are welcome to get back to me, please dont expect me to return your email straight away as i may be working away at the time.
Attachments
royal-enfield-crusader-sports-760x570[1].jpg
royal-enfield-crusader-sports-760x570[1].jpg (69.97 KiB) Viewed 21072 times
By LanesExplorer
Perhaps you might like to give us progress reports (with photos) of the completion of the project if you have time? Good luck with getting it up and running.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles