This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By Kev Rick
ImagePrivate seller. Owned since new. 14,200km. SORN'ed since 30/08/2018. Some patina. Starts and runs well. Pretty sure would pass MOT as last was at only 12,349kms with no Advisories. Has been stored since and started every three months or so.
Attachments
Bike 2.jpg
Bike 2.jpg (209.41 KiB) Viewed 3397 times
By Adrian
Apart from the patina-ed rear wheel rim that doesn't look at all bad for the price. Checked ebay asking prices lately? ;)

A.
By Kev Rick
Hi Adrian. Thank you for the heads-up but I'm not too worried about getting the very maximum amount. I'm an old rocker and have had a lot of fun on this last bike though I could have done without the carpel tunnel thing in my right arm when I rode back non-stop from a music festival near Ross-On-Wye to deepest Cornwall a couple of years back. It was the one I always wanted when I was 17 or 18 when I had amongst other bikes a 250 Continental GT that was nicked during the 3 day week and at the same time a 500 AJS combo with an ammo box of bricks rather than the sidecar body which was challenging to ride to say the least. But I couldn't afford it until my late 40's when I bought it after learning the bitter lesson that if you've something you really want to do with your life you should get on with it because you don't know what's around the next corner. I'd like to think that the price reflects the tidying-up that it needs or perhaps, as the engine and gearbox are fine, a tasty conversion using Hitchcocks finest hardware to build something really special. Kev
By Adrian
So many of these have been customized - some nicely, some badly - that it would be good if a this one was kept somewhere near original instead of ending up as a yet another bobber project.

I hope the new owner will be sympathetic and not some butcher itching to get the angle-grinder out.

A.
By Wheaters
I’m tempted and not too far away but I really can’t have another.

A new back wheel, for about £100 including tyre would transform the looks....

No, I really mustn’t!

It will be a nice project for someone else. It will probably fetch more than the asking price on eBay.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles