This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By vince
Hi, when you say Fury head do you mean a Big Head? bearing in mind that early furys had the standard head. Vince
By Adrian
Do you have any pictures, Vince?

AFAIK the immediate predecessor of the Fury was the Indian-badged Westerner, which was the US export version of the Bullet scrambler, most of them were 500s. There's a good drive side picture of one on our hosts' Instagram pages, where this was nicked from! It has indeed got the older style cylinder head, BUT last twenty 500 Westerners had big heads ported for the Amal 1.5" GP carb.

This might be utterly irrelevant, but I noticed from Hercules' picture that the dirt on the loosely-fitted cylinder head doesn't seem to match the dirt on the cylinder!

A.

By Hercules
Hi Adrian & Vince,

Can you please share the photos of Fury with other type Head, if possible?

If you have the book , please share photos. Thanks in advance,

Selvam P
By Adrian
I don't have that book. Vince might be able to scan a copy, though of course that could expose our hosts to copyright issues! At my best guess it will look a lot like the Westerner in the picture above.

I do have some pictures from ebay.com of a big head Indian Westerner, and even a Woodsman in the earlier frame that someone has fitted with a big head (presumably off a Fury), but that isn't what you were asking for.

A.
By vince
Hi, sorry unable to reproduce the photo but exactly the same as the westerner except for tank badges. Vince.
By Hercules
Thanks Adrian for your reply. Okay No problem.

Regards,
Selvam P
Adrian wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 3:10 pm
I don't have that book. Vince might be able to scan a copy, though of course that could expose our hosts to copyright issues! At my best guess it will look a lot like the Westerner in the picture above.

I do have some pictures from ebay.com of a big head Indian Westerner, and even a Woodsman in the earlier frame that someone has fitted with a big head (presumably off a Fury), but that isn't what you were asking for.

A.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles