This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By Hercules
Hi Folks, Anybody has Royal Enfield Fury Head for sale. I have engine alone with out head. If anyone has head assembly, please do let me know. I have checked with host and they never had that for sale.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,
Selvam P
By Adrian
Well I don't know who you spoke to , but they certainly DID have Fury heads and valve/rocker/rocker feed pipe kits for sale, our hosts had a whole or two batch of replica big heads cast up, some of which were definitely finished to Fury specification. They're easy to recognize compared to the originals, they have the letters HMC cast into them.

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycl ... g-Kit/8312

I bought one of the last ones in 2015, but it had to go back owing to some casting faults and be replaced by the next-to-last vanilla big head, which was subsequently converted to Fury specification. There were a number of problems with these castings, I gather our hosts are in no rush to have any more made. Baxter Cycle in the USA had most of the last rejects to try and reclaim them, the very last unfinished casting is sitting in a display cabinet just to the left of the parts counter in the Hitchcocks' showroom, or it still was back in February!

Bear in mind all the Furies were originally exported to the USA, which could still be be your best bet for tracking a head down at the moment. Try ebay.com and Craig's List, also ebay UK. This is also the kind of thing which could appear in the small adverts of the RE Owners' Club Magazine, The Gun, it might be worth you joining the club if you haven't already done so.

If a non-Fury Big Head Bullet head turns up, the only difference in in the inlet tract. The Fury used an Amal 1.5" GP carb with 2.5" stud centres and a 1.5" inlet port to suit, while the normal big head casting was machined for a smaller 389 Amal Monobloc carburetor with 2" stud centres. It's not a huge job to convert them. These heads VERY OCCASIONALLY come up in our hosts' used parts section,

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycl ... nder-Heads

but people here know what they are and they tend to snap them up pretty quickly (I know who bought the last one, and it wasn't me! ;) ).

I hope this is at least SOME help to you. Good hunting.

A.
By Rushour
I would like a Fury head too - and a Unicorn, a lottery win and a trip to the pub would be wonderful too - sadly all impossible ...
By Daiwiskers
We just had £20 on the postcode lottery
Virtual pints on me

Cheer's all Dai
By Adrian
@ Rushour,

You're more likely to find a Fury head than be allowed back to the pub any time soon...

@ Hercules,

Not wishing to discourage you further, but if a Fury/Big Head Bullet head DOES show up, expect the price to be rather high, I think our hosts' last used one went for around £800.00.

Once the whole confinement/lock-down thing DOES ease off our hosts might go on another shopping trip to the US and come back with a further container load of goodies, thus undoing the benefits of UK export drives of the late 1950s and early 1960s... I would e-mail them and ask if they have any plans to do so.

A.
By Hercules
Hi Adrian, thanks for the detailed information. Sorry, for the late reply since network connections are not good here due to Covid 19 situations.

Sorry, hope i didnt explain it properly. I know, host has made some fury heads before but no more it is available. What they said like original heads had never came up for sale recently.

And, i am not a member of RE club, will try to join. Thanks.

Let me if anything comes up for sale pls

Attaching the engine which i bought recently. Also, i have posted in technical discussion sometime before and you also have replied. And REOC chairman said it fury engine with some other 500CC head. So, i am planning to complete the engine with original head for restoration

Adrian wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:59 pm
Well I don't know who you spoke to , but they certainly DID have Fury heads and valve/rocker/rocker feed pipe kits for sale, our hosts had a whole or two batch of replica big heads cast up, some of which were definitely finished to Fury specification. They're easy to recognize compared to the originals, they have the letters HMC cast into them.

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycl ... g-Kit/8312

I bought one of the last ones in 2015, but it had to go back owing to some casting faults and be replaced by the next-to-last vanilla big head, which was subsequently converted to Fury specification. There were a number of problems with these castings, I gather our hosts are in no rush to have any more made. Baxter Cycle in the USA had most of the last rejects to try and reclaim them, the very last unfinished casting is sitting in a display cabinet just to the left of the parts counter in the Hitchcocks' showroom, or it still was back in February!

Bear in mind all the Furies were originally exported to the USA, which could still be be your best bet for tracking a head down at the moment. Try ebay.com and Craig's List, also ebay UK. This is also the kind of thing which could appear in the small adverts of the RE Owners' Club Magazine, The Gun, it might be worth you joining the club if you haven't already done so.

If a non-Fury Big Head Bullet head turns up, the only difference in in the inlet tract. The Fury used an Amal 1.5" GP carb with 2.5" stud centres and a 1.5" inlet port to suit, while the normal big head casting was machined for a smaller 389 Amal Monobloc carburetor with 2" stud centres. It's not a huge job to convert them. These heads VERY OCCASIONALLY come up in our hosts' used parts section,

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycl ... nder-Heads

but people here know what they are and they tend to snap them up pretty quickly (I know who bought the last one, and it wasn't me! ;) ).

I hope this is at least SOME help to you. Good hunting.

A.
Attachments
500CC Engine1.jpg
500CC Engine.jpg
By Adrian
I remember the previous topic, there was a possibility that the Fury engine number was stamped over an older one, did you get a chance to look more closely?

A.
By Hercules
Hi Adrian, Engine still got stuck in USA due to corona situations. I didnt receive yet. Eagerly waiting for that.

Regards,
Selvam P
By Adrian
We hope it gets shipped as soon as possible. Good hunting for the correct head, the USA is still probably your best bet.

A.
By Hercules
Sure Adrian. I am searching in all countries. Thanks for your help.

I have posted an engine case in technical forum, can you check where does the breather pipe comes in that case.

Stay safe.

Regards,
Selvam P

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles