This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By stinkwheel
"please do your research on sold prices on what these are worth in a running condition then add £600 for what it's cost me to rebuild. "

Please don't take offence, just so you don't get your expectations up. You won't get market value + what it cost to rebuild unless you are very fortunate. Running condition is running condition. If it cost £600 to get it there, that's generally an on-cost. This happens a lot, people spend a fortune fitting custom parts and expect to get that money back. The opposite is often true. People like to OWN custom bikes but they like to BUY standard ones unless they are really exceptional.

My 612 bullet has a market value of less than the parts order from our hosts when I built the engine/gearbox/clutch/brakes.

If it will fly through an MOT, I'd MOT it and sell it with a fresh MOT. That will gain you much more than it cost
By Wheaters
Sorry to read that you're selling the bike, Phil. I hope it goes for a reasonable amount. Without wanting to cause any offence, the bike is worth what it fetches on the day.

I do have to say that when selling vehicles I have very often met "doubters" who for some unknown reason try to knock the asking price down to what they think would want to pay, even if they have no intention to buy it (that's the good thing about selling by auction).

My son put his pride and joy up for sale a few years ago (a lovely BMW 2.3 coupe with a straight six engine and it was near immaculate) very clearly stating NO OFFERS on the advert. We had looked around when pricing it up and if anything it was under-priced. Almost within minutes he was being pestered by some chap who phoned about three times in quick succession, then wanted to come round to see the car. We waited in for him (I was on the driveway, working on my own BMW) and he soon arrived in a very tatty old 5 series saloon. He immediately tried hard to find fault, pointing out every tiny stone chip etc (there weren't many, even though the car was almost fifteen years old and there was no rust). I pulled my son to one side and said quietly "this one's a real tyre kicker, he won't buy it - just don't reduce the price one bit".

After about half an hour of him checking the car out, he made an offer of about half the asking price. My son and I looked at each other and my son said "Sorry, the price is fixed, as per the advert".

This chap started explaining how he was a BMW expert and he KNEW what the car should be advertised for. I asked why he had come to see a fifteen year old car that he obviously thought to be overpriced when the advert said "No offers". He got in a huff and drove off, saying "You'll never sell it!"

It sold the next day, for the full asking price; the next chap to come round and look took five minutes to agree it was well worth it, paid cash and drove it away. The tyre kicker had the cheek to ring up later and ask if he could come round again and have another look! When my son told him it was already sold, he took a very strange attitude, saying "No way was it worth that much!"

But it obviously was. ;)
By Super45
stinkwheel wrote:"please do your research on sold prices on what these are worth in a running condition then add £600 for what it's cost me to rebuild. "

Please don't take offence, just so you don't get your expectations up. You won't get market value + what it cost to rebuild unless you are very fortunate. Running condition is running condition. If it cost £600 to get it there, that's generally an on-cost. This happens a lot, people spend a fortune fitting custom parts and expect to get that money back. The opposite is often true. People like to OWN custom bikes but they like to BUY standard ones unless they are really exceptional.

My 612 bullet has a market value of less than the parts order from our hosts when I built the engine/gearbox/clutch/brakes.

If it will fly through an MOT, I'd MOT it and sell it with a fresh MOT. That will gain you much more than it cost
No offence taken at all I'm full aware I won't get the cost of parts plus the value of the bike I stuck that in to ward off the "I'll give you £400 for it " idiotic offers I've had before on ebay

I was actually mid way through dropping the reserve on it and tweaking the advert when someone bid on which locked everything :roll:
By Super45
Wheaters wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:18 pm
Sorry to read that you're selling the bike, Phil. I hope it goes for a reasonable amount. Without wanting to cause any offence, the bike is worth what it fetches on the day.

I do have to say that when selling vehicles I have very often met "doubters" who for some unknown reason try to knock the asking price down to what they think would want to pay, even if they have no intention to buy it (that's the good thing about selling by auction).

My son put his pride and joy up for sale a few years ago (a lovely BMW 2.3 coupe with a straight six engine and it was near immaculate) very clearly stating NO OFFERS on the advert. We had looked around when pricing it up and if anything it was under-priced. Almost within minutes he was being pestered by some chap who phoned about three times in quick succession, then wanted to come round to see the car. We waited in for him (I was on the driveway, working on my own BMW) and he soon arrived in a very tatty old 5 series saloon. He immediately tried hard to find fault, pointing out every tiny stone chip etc (there weren't many, even though the car was almost fifteen years old and there was no rust). I pulled my son to one side and said quietly "this one's a real tyre kicker, he won't buy it - just don't reduce the price one bit".

After about half an hour of him checking the car out, he made an offer of about half the asking price. My son and I looked at each other and my son said "Sorry, the price is fixed, as per the advert".

This chap started explaining how he was a BMW expert and he KNEW what the car should be advertised for. I asked why he had come to see a fifteen year old car that he obviously thought to be overpriced when the advert said "No offers". He got in a huff and drove off, saying "You'll never sell it!"

It sold the next day, for the full asking price; the next chap to come round and look took five minutes to agree it was well worth it, paid cash and drove it away. The tyre kicker had the cheek to ring up later and ask if he could come round again and have another look! When my son told him it was already sold, he took a very strange attitude, saying "No way was it worth that much!"

But it obviously was. ;)
Yes time to move it on sadly , not enough time for garage time and riding the bikes so it's a choice between doing one of the other so ive gone with riding a bike so the enfield is making way for something else more far eastern or hinckley shaped I think

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles