This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By Chris Tindal
The ‘de-tuned’ Bighead roadster only had 27hp, just a couple more than the standard version. They are however very nice to ride, with the odd combination of greater tractability as well as being able to rev higher than the standard 500, in theory pulling up to 90! They sound a bit different too, more revy and less of a slogger. Only around 720 were made at the end of bullet production. Adrian’s Fury style shows off the engine better than the standard roadster with the big tank. I love mine and won’t part with it.
Attachments
E45B4E31-28BC-47A2-9CD7-DDA1C3200315.jpeg
By Adrian
One more technical difference, the rocker spindles fit directly into the head casting, which means you don't have to bother bolting a separate set of rocker bearing blocks onto the top of the head and worry about over-tightening the nuts holding them down. The Electra-X cylinder head uses a similar set-up to the big head. An improvement, in my book, I don't understand why RE went back to the bearing blocks for the UCE/EFI rocker design.

Steve, in the unlikely event that you can't find a big head Bullet, don't under-estimate the Electra-X engine, once the weak spots have been addressed (plenty of stuff on-line here and elsewhere about how to do that) these engines can be made to go as well as any big-head Bullet, despite what some folks say. They might not look quite as imposing, although they still have a certain something about them.

A.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles