This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By papasmurf
windmill john wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:18 am

It was my first fuel injected bike and even though I tested them into a jam jar, I wasn’t aware of spray patterns or misting. They sprayed so I thought they worked.

John

I took risk with my current car it has been stood in a garage for three years and not been started (owner had died.)
All that was needed was a £10 spray can of injector/sensor cleaner.
I paid £1500 for the car and the £10 spray through the air intake whilst holding the "butterfy" open manually followed by a good "belt" down a dual carriageway and job was a good un.
By papasmurf
windmill john wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:47 am
Different on the Oilheads, injector runs straight off pressurised rail, so cannot add a cleaner.

Anyway, you’re meant to agree with me, not make me feel worse ;)
Well the injector cleaning spray I used is the one used on motorcycles with injectors including common rail systems as used on my BMW K75S.
By MartinB
As a previous owner of an Electra X I can understand the frustration of ownership. Mine was bought new via our hosts but coming from a mainly Jap bike background I found it to be one of the most frustrating bikes to have owned with one issue after another in not many miles. I traded mine for an EFI which for me was all I had hoped the Electra was going to be. I have now moved on to a 650 Interceptor which todate has been brilliant.If however you have a background in traditional Brit bikes I'm sure an Electra will provide hours of endless fun!
By Adrian
My leap into RE ownership actually was buying an Electra-X new from Haywards after years of owning BSA unit singles and a couple of years with a 750 Triumph Tiger, so maybe I was temperamentally suited, or at least I had enough experience to know what to expect.

I had plenty of ups as well as a few downs with it, but it was enough for me to want to build a special with all the good bits from the Electra-X engine and the major known weaknesses built out of it. Liked it a lot, so I have another one on the go.

A.
By Andy C
Adrian - was your Tiger 750 one of the air cooled twins?

The TR7RV was the first big bike I ever owned, definately the best Triumph twin I ever owned, so much so I might even get another one day.

Sadly it looks like UYC839R is no longer around.

RIP old friend.
By Adrian
Hi,

yes it was, "S" reg. I had it retro-fitted with a comical, sorry, conical hub rear drum brake and right-foot shift. I sold it when I moved away from where I used to live when I had to move for work in 2000, it was sort of reaching mid-life crisis, so it only went for £900. I think it was taken on by someone who fully rebuilt it.

Having wanted a bigger bike after a 350 BSA (tuned B40/Starfire bitsa) I found it really wasn't an awful lot better.

A.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles