This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By steveW
Seems a shame, but I know the frustration, which is why Im sending this........ Im off to France at the weekend for a memorial cemetry visit on the Tiger, but when I get back, if its not gone, Id like to take your elevtra " ish" and see if I cant make 2 into one!

I will make a donation to a charity, if you have a favourite, or to the British Legion otherwise.

Anyway, as per the introduction just sayinb this so you dont feel you cant even give it away! I shall check in November to see. Thanks, Steve
By papasmurf
Simon D wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:33 pm
Mr Smurf
I refer to your fettled Electra X as your Electra X (ish).
If it was fettled, which I do not have the workshop facilities to do. It would not be the unreliable junk that it is.
By Simon D
papasmurf wrote:
Simon D wrote:
Mr Smurf
If it was fettled, which I do not have the workshop facilities to do. It would not be the unreliable junk that it is.
I just have a back yard & a kitchen table & fettle.
Like yourself I've ridden for 30+ years but never really had ago myself. This summer I've replaced the main engine bearings armed with nothing but a few tools and Adrian at the end of a email , having struggled to fit a rear light 3 years ago.
Junk is a bit harsh considering how long you have had her.
And where did the ish come from if you never did anything?
Mr Smurf have a re-think & if you still want rid, strip her down & rebuild then whatever you ride in the future you'll be doing it yourself & not paying through your nose.
By papasmurf
Simon D wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:57 pm
papasmurf wrote:
Simon D wrote:
Mr Smurf
I just have a back yard & a kitchen table & fettle.
Like yourself I've ridden for 30+ years but never really had ago myself. This summer I've replaced the main engine bearings armed with nothing but a few tools and Adrian at the end of a email , having struggled to fit a rear light 3 years ago.
Junk is a bit harsh considering how long you have had her.
And where did the ish come from if you never did anything?
Mr Smurf have a re-think & if you still want rid, strip her down & rebuild then whatever you ride in the future you'll be doing it yourself & not paying through your nose.
I have no need of a rethink I am sorry I ever bought the pile of junk.
By Adrian
OK, Papasmurf has had enough, let him find a happy home for the bike and move on.

We know how good a Bullet in various guises can be but this game is not for everyone.

A.
By windmill john
To give Papasmurf a break, I once had a BMW R850GS. Lovely riding bike, took myself and my wife on a number of trips, Italy, Portugal. Germany, Belgium, as well as used for commuting every week.
Anyway, back to subject. It started losing power when accelerating. Short version, I threw money at it. Changed the hes sensors, as a similar feeling had happened a year earlier and it was hes. Changed plugs, leads, can’t recall, but may have changed coils. It was suggested I check to see if both injectors were working; they were.
Changed fuel filter..... again... crappy job on the earlier GSs, tested fuel pump
By this point, the novelty had worn off..... I advertised it for a low price and it sold quickly.... it was a low price!

The guy who bought it was a race mechanic for a car team, he contacted me a month later to say the fuel injectors were blocked, he replaced them, £112 later, a perfect bike!! :x

It was my first fuel injected bike and even though I tested them into a jam jar, I wasn’t aware of spray patterns or misting. They sprayed so I thought they worked.

Anyway, not the same story as Papasmurf, but I did feel almost the same after days of working on it, money spent and having no effect; I wanted it gone.

John

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles