This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13926
By papasmurf
Following on from the disappearing oil thread I have come to the decision I can no longer be bothered with the bike I just want rid of it.
So the first person to rock up The Lizard, Cornwall with a van or trailer can take the damned thing away.
(You will need to be an expert on Enfields no novices please.)
At the age of 71 I can't be bothered with it any longer.
By Adrian
While I suspect that this is not the most rational of responses to the current issue, you might like to provide some contact details if you seriously have had enough - I have an idea that you're not the only resident of The Lizard peninsula.

Someone here posting under the name of shed_7 wanted a Bullet in Cornwall, I have bumped up his wanted ad accordingly.

A.
By papasmurf
My contact email is Using the Nato alphabet designation is (all lower case.) alpha dot papa dot delta echo alpha november ampersand bravo tango india November tango echo Romeo November echo tango dot charlie Oscar mike
By Wheaters
Papasmurf, before you do anything too hasty....

Why not ask them (local RE folk) if anyone can have a look at your bike for you? It might be an easy fix. I'd help in person but unfortunately I'm almost 400 miles away from you, oop t'north.

RE owners do tend to be helpful folk.
By papasmurf
Wheaters wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:18 am
Papasmurf, before you do anything too hasty....

Why not ask them (local RE folk) if anyone can have a look at your bike for you? It might be an easy fix. I'd help in person but unfortunately I'm almost 400 miles away from you, oop t'north.

RE owners do tend to be helpful folk.
Sorry but I just want rid of it. I came close to taking it to a field and setting fire to it yesterday.
I would never have bought the damned thing in the first place if I had know what a hassle it would be to own it.
By Beezabryan
Toys being thrown from high chair?
Too far away sadly or you could have thrown this on onto my trailer.
It regularly takes trash to the dump and occasionally carries an Enfield to where I want to ride it but is too much for this sad old carcase to ride it there.
By papasmurf
Beezabryan wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:49 am
Toys being thrown from high chair?

No, I have merely reached my limit of putting up with the constant niggles and problems with the bike.
I have had more problems with that one bike in 6 years than I have had with all the other bikes my wife and I have owned over several decades.
It is now free to anyone who prefers using spanners on a bike than riding it.
By Adrian
Sorry but I just want rid of it. I came close to taking it to a field and setting fire to it yesterday.
What on earth would that have solved? The bike is probably no worse than a load of other Indian-built Bullets out there. Hopefully the local REOC will at least rescue the poor thing until a more sympathetic owner can be found. If I lived nearer I'd relieve you of this intolerable burden.

As a thought for anyone not so near Cornwall who would take this bike on, what are the bike collection and delivery rates per mile of the better bike delivery firms? You at least get the bike for no more than delivery costs.

A.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles