This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Cov Lad
I like the look of Laddakh Side Luggage Carrier's and would be interested to know if anyone has sourced and fitted one to an Electra X. I have looked on hitchcocks catalogue and not found one. Amazon India sell them but I'm not sure of quality etc. Any other recommendations for hardcore Indian Style rack systems that would carry a right good load = without bending or breaking would be appreciated.
By Duke of Wybourne.
I bought a set complete with rear rack and they were very poor. I spent a bit of time with the tig welder adding strengthening webs and braces, and also replaced the mounting brackets with heavier gauge steel. They didn't cost that much. Mine were from Amazon UK and came from India. A friend got a set when he was touring India from Lalli Sing, and they were good. The Hitchcock frame and metal pannier set are much better. I had them on my Bullet and they were excellent.
By stinkwheel
The hitchcocks ones will certainly cope with a fair load (hard to find dead wood on the North coast of the Isle of Skye so I was detailed to sort out the campfire).
By Cov Lad
Thanks for the information, I looked online for a Hitchcocks version to no avail, today I managed to find something in the actual parts book. I have a welder but am not sure if I could do anything half decent with it.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles