This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Jason Campbell
Will these fit the frame C5 Battle Green 2015? I took a chance that they won’t need much in the way of modification, they were on special, and I need pannier frames and could do with passenger (despite not having one) bars.

|PANNIER FRAMES ONLY, ELECTRA X + ELECTRA EFI, LH + RH, black 92705

Anyone tried it, is it a straight fit? I was buying front crash bars, again specials because of bad finish, so I thought I’d take a chance.
By Presto
If words and fitting guides mean anything I would suppose that these items will not be a ’straight fit’ onto a C5, whatever colour it is. The frames on these two bikes are very different.

Wouldn’t seem to make any sense for our hosts to miss sales by claiming they only fit one model if they fit others too. Ah well!! :?
By Jason Campbell
Yes, it isn’t a straight fit because of the sensor on the exhaust I think, it doesn’t come with any fitting instructions so I can’t be 100% certain I am fitting correctly. I did order another type that was guaranteed to fit but turns out that is out of stock for ever. So in the morning I am going to try again as I have had an ‘idea’. If the bars clear the exhaust then it should fit as long as it doesn’t foul the turning circle- if that makes sense). In which case the fitting kit is really the issue and relatively easy to solve with flat steel bars. Failing that they go on eBay ad I will try and order something- unfortunately I really fancy the ‘Indian Army’ version and I don’t want chrome as the bike is army green- seems they aren’t stocking these that will straight fit the C5 (lack of supplier).

I also ordered pannier frames, which also said wouldn’t fit, but they do and it saved me a fair bit of cash (£50). They did need some modification but it was very minor so I generally always take a punt unless the difference is massively obvious. My Hyosung 650 that I had before this didn’t have much in the way of Hyosung electrics (because they are rubbish) but Kawasaki worked fine.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles