This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Jason Campbell
Just saying hello. I have bought a used RE Bullet Classic (2015), the green one, as in not the Dessert Storm green one. I have had the traditional exhaust fitted and that is abut it. Should arrive next week, I know little about RE but always wanted one. I have been diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer and so thought now or never. I am struggling with muscle wastage because of the steroids I must take, I look like Mr Burns from the Simpsons. I’m fine moving but when I stop, I struggle to keep the bike upright on my left leg- I will keep working on it though. That means my Hyosung GV 650 is going in P/ex. I also have a LS 650 but it is physically too small for me, doesn’t stop me struggling with it when stationary though. Off-topic but I like the laughingly called LS 650 Savage (98). Big single cylinder lump and not much else, but it will have to go because of finances. At least the RE won’t be as much of a shock as the LS 650 only produced 30HP new. I have decided to modify it a little (no not go mad with yet another café racer, the rake on the front forks sort of precludes that anyway.

Problem is when I had the Hyosung, which is 128% chrome and clearly was designed by someone on drugs, it was very ‘Tron’ like (looks a bit like the HD V Rod, sometimes it has been confused as such). So my bike gear, fashion victim that I am, followed that inspiration. Sort of Mad Max/Tron/Motocross. I got some looks as a 52 year old as you can imagine. I also got looks from those I left behind as it is a surprisingly fast bike for a cruiser, well over 110mph and 75HP tuned for torque. Now it’s going to have to be wax cotton and wellies.

I passed my test at 17 so have grandfather licence, and I haven’t ridden consistently until recently- the Enfield should suit my plans. More likely an even more cut down version of the LS650. The bars which are ape hangers are getting replaced with something much more like drag/scrambler bars. This will be better around town which is where the LS650 really needs to be. It is also getting a cheap exhaust from Hitchcocks, slash cut, so I will probably have to rejet the carb a little bit. Oh and redoing a lot of the electrics with LED.

I was born, and again live, in Newport South Wales- I lost my job when I got cancer (this was unavoidable and they were fair as they can be) so money is a bit of a struggle but there are people much worse off than me. I like messing with computers and build them fr a pocket money paying hobby

So I think that gives an overview of me at this time- I will have lots of questions I’m sure. Don’t let any of the above make you think I know what I’m doing.
By Wheaters
Jason, welcome to the forum and to the club for (mainly) silly old devils with a liking for old style, simple bikes!

Now in my early 60s I made the rash decision to buy a 2004 350 "iron" Bullet, which is kickstart only, simply because no-one else seemed to be interested in it. It was advertised on the website for that rescue home for old bikes otherwise known as e&ay. Like a manky old mongrel dog will get into your life (well it did in mine), it seems to be my major hobby.... I've spent far too much time and money on it over the last couple of years and now I've even gone and entered myself to do a classic trial on it in a few weeks time, which involves a fair number of off-road sections.

My other bike, an almost immaculate 1991 Honda CB750 Nighthawk hardly ever gets taken out these days.
By Andy C
Welcome Jason most people are pretty friendly here and offer really useful advice.

Hope you enjoy the bike.

One of the good things about these bikes is that they are easy to work on and spares plentiful and cheap ish.

Look forward to hearing fo you in the future.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles