This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By fm13exfm12
fm13exfm12 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:30 am
Royal enfields over 30 years old are a walk in the park to register in France. From start to finish it is taking approx 6 weeks. That includes FFVE 2 weeks then register through ANTS 4 weeks. Total cost to get a carte gris (log book) for a 350 bullet about 140 euros. By the way I speak from experience having registered a few bikes here in France including 2 bullets. The problem lies with under 30 year old bikes,near impossible to register unless it's a newer model, did a 2017 bullet last Feb.
By weedsy
fm13exfm12 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:36 am
fm13exfm12 wrote:
Royal enfields over 30 years old are a walk in the park to register in France. From start to finish it is taking approx 6 weeks. That includes FFVE 2 weeks then register through ANTS 4 weeks. Total cost to get a carte gris (log book) for a 350 bullet about 140 euros. By the way I speak from experience having registered a few bikes here in France including 2 bullets. The problem lies with under 30 year old bikes,near impossible to register unless it's a newer model, did a 2017 bullet last Feb.
Thanks for that - let battle commence - first hurdle is understanding everything, but "balade au parc" je comprends, unlike some of the FFVE paperwork . . . . and expensive traductions by persons agrées required, of documents issued by an EU country - what are we paying the FFVE for? My fault for not being French, I guess . . . . . . . although one point of view is that we all have been - since 1066!
By Adrian
Current royal family excepted? The house of Windsor, name changed from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha during WWI, is not exactly French in origin. The fact that England WAS once ruled by Norman and French monarchs would seem to cut little ice with French authorities these days, don't think we can capitalise on that very much!

All the best for getting it together, we hope to hear good news from you in a week or twelve.

A.
By fm13exfm12
weedsy wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:48 pm
fm13exfm12 wrote:
fm13exfm12 wrote:
Thanks for that - let battle commence - first hurdle is understanding everything, but "balade au parc" je comprends, unlike some of the FFVE paperwork . . . . and expensive traductions by persons agrées required, of documents issued by an EU country - what are we paying the FFVE for? My fault for not being French, I guess . . . . . . . although one point of view is that we all have been - since 1066!
The FFVE certificate replaces the need for a coc, to get a cert from them you must also send a copy of your quitas fiscal plus other information they require. To get a QF you apply to your local prefecture,usually by appointment these days. Before issuing a QF the prefecture will require proof of your residency in France,also a copy of the vehicle V5c in your name. If the V5c is someones else's name they will require a receipt as proof of purchase. So first step get a quitas fiscal.
By weedsy
fm13exfm12 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:08 pm
weedsy wrote:
fm13exfm12 wrote:

The FFVE certificate replaces the need for a coc, to get a cert from them you must also send a copy of your quitas fiscal plus other information they require. To get a QF you apply to your local prefecture,usually by appointment these days. Before issuing a QF the prefecture will require proof of your residency in France,also a copy of the vehicle V5c in your name. If the V5c is someones else's name they will require a receipt as proof of purchase. So first step get a quitas fiscal.
Thanks very much for that, it helps a lot - especially from someone who has done it, and within living memory . . .
For instance, the quitas fiscal used to come from the Tresorie, so you've already saved me a wasted journey!
By weedsy
Adrian wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:24 pm
Current royal family excepted? The house of Windsor, name changed from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha during WWI, is not exactly French in origin. The fact that England WAS once ruled by Norman and French monarchs would seem to cut little ice with French authorities these days, don't think we can capitalise on that very much!

All the best for getting it together, we hope to hear good news from you in a week or twelve.

A.
OK - if 1066 won't wash with the French, maybe I should go for a Greek or Danish carte grise - from the other side of the current "British" Royal Family, quoting the Duke of Edinburgh ("Mountbatten" of the Scottish glens, ex-Prince of Greece and Denmark, family name Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg???)
Mountbatten sounds slightly more British than Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg . . . . and at least both countries might remain in the EU?
Cheers for now, more postings as time (and courage) dictates . . . .
By fm13exfm12
weedsy wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:28 am
fm13exfm12 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:08 pm
weedsy wrote:

Thanks for that - let battle commence - first hurdle is understanding everything, but "balade au parc" je comprends, unlike some of the FFVE paperwork . . . . and expensive traductions by persons agrées required, of documents issued by an EU country - what are we paying the FFVE for? My fault for not being French, I guess . . . . . . . although one point of view is that we all have been - since
Thanks very much for that, it helps a lot - especially from someone who has done it, and within living memory . . .
For instance, the quitas fiscal used to come from the Tresorie, so you've already saved me a wasted journey!
Just check with your local tresorie first,as far as I am aware all local tresorie's have stopped issuing QFs. In the Limousin we have to go to the Prefecture in Limoges after making an appointment. This being France though your local tax office might still be able to issue them so best check.
By weedsy
Thanks fm13exfm12 - after 20'odd years over here, I should know by now that as you say, "this is France" . . . . . I'll check it out! Cheers, Weedsy
By Firefrog11
I know I’m a little late to this thread but a little over a year ago I registered a 2016 royal Enfield classic 500 That I brought over from England and was surprised at how easy it was. A trip to the local public finance office and I got the Quitus to prove I had paid the tax. The next day I went to my prefecture with all my documents. ( no Certificate of conformity) a lovely young lady set me up with an online ANTS account and uploaded all my docs. 2 months later I received the Carte Grise. I was feeling very happy with my self at how easy it was. A year later I’m now trying to Register my step fathers bike. Exactly the same as mine but a year younger and it’s turning out to be a totally different ball game. Covid lock down means I now have to do it all on line it’s taken me 2 months to get the Quitus. And I can’t use the ANTS website because my step father doesn’t live here so I’m using a carte Grise agent who says I need a hole bunch of docs I didn’t need the first time around. Most notably the certificate of conformity! Which I don’t know how to get

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles