This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Jamesy
A dealer in the West of Scotland has informed me they sold their only Interceptor 650 dem. bike and don't know when another one will be available.Absolutely pathetic I think.Selling a dem bike knowing they are selling well with a 6 week waiting list.I wouldn't have thought Royal Enfield would be impressed.
By Jamesy
From the customers point of view a test ride should always be available on a brand new bike that's selling well.Clearly here the dealer isn't that bothered.Well they have lost one customer here cause I won't be buying off them.Test rides are available over at Saltire bikes in Edinburgh.
By stinkwheel
Mind you, shambolic and lacklusture customer service is what I've come to expect from motorcycle dealerships. Then once you've bought the bike it goes right downhill.

I bought a brand new bike once (an MZ). I would never do so again. Between forgetting to register it on the day I was due to collect it, through ripping me off for "dealer servicing" for 2 years and me finding the tappet inspection covers had never been removed when I started home servicing, through to them sitting on a warranty when the engine blew and doing nothing with it other than serially lying about it and leaving it to rust in their back yard for 3 months. I had to get trading standards involved in the end.

I mention this because many of the parties involved in that debacle will be present at the places you've looked. I bought it from Motocal which later merged with Alvins.

Put me off buying a new bike for life. I landed up having to buy a second bike to get around on. If I'd bought it second hand, when the engine blew I'd have spent a weekend and probably less money than a dealer servicing bunging in a new lump from the scrappy and been back on the road.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles