This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By black fingernail
Made an early start, started by degreasing engine and gearbox with some fierce degreaser that smells of brasso, rinsed that, then doused the lot with Muc off, Had breakfast, rinsed that, then gave it a good wash with wash & wax.
While it dried off, I checked battery, it is charged, looked at points, all ok, would not start, plug was wet, changed it, started instantly, but it spits back into carb a bit when throttle is tweaked, will look at that later, the battery is charging ok, ammeter is not working.
Bike now dry, so started by machine polishing fork legs, brake back plate, front hub. hand polished paintwork on forks and headlamp unit, removed knee rubbers and polished fuel tank while rubbers soaked in gummi pflege, found n/s footrest loose, removed it and rear brake pedal, machine polished primary cover. Re-fitted knee pads, footrest and brake lever.
Had a leasurely lunch.
I noticed the clutch cable was routed badly, it missed the little bracket altogether, grommet was missing, cable went around front of front downtube, held in place by a few zip ties. All re- routed and new grommet fitted, no zip ties!
Changed rough bolt holding front brake cable holder to front mudguard, changed rough bolts holding the rear mudguard to the rear mounting.
The headlamp switch came out in my hand! Sidelights don't work, there is a lot of unruly wiring shoved behind the headlamp with some wire ends taped up, it looks like tomorrow I'll have to put my wiring head on.
I made a new best friend !! An Indian taxi driver (they are rare in Torbay) was dropping off one of my neighbours, so he came over, and we chatted about Enfields, he has a 350 in India, and his Uncle is a bit of an Enfield Guru.
I think that is enough for one day.
By Holtzer24
Awesome bike! Don't ever regret and don't listen to your brain ;) Actually it's one of my favourites. For some reason I love the sound of it, I think it has something special. Had the chance of riding it in Germany last summer. I travelled to Berlin and was looking for a hotel for sale in Berlin. We drove to the country side with my real estate agent. Then I found the bike in an old warehouse. It was old but and in a very good condition actually and it was very surprising to see a Himalayan bike out of the UK. Anyway my agent said it won't be a problem if I took a ride and really enjoyed every second.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles