This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Jamesy
I am thinking about a test ride on a 2013 bike on sale at a dealers.Anyone give me advice on what to specifically lookout for
or check on this model?
By barry.amon
Nothing really, make sure the oil is clear or dark yellow at best in the little timing side window, if its very dark and blackish it probably hasnt had the oil change at frequent intervals, could mean its been neglected? avoid bikes with the original silencers removed unless its a suitable EFI Hitchcock replacement, the original silencers are cats and cost over £600!! so if its been changed get the original with it from the owner, as these new engines are fuel injected and have a cat/lambda sensor and ECU controling the mixture they can be difficult to start without the original silencer fitted or a suitable EFI replacement and can also suffer backfires which can cause engine problems.
hope this is helpfull
barry
By RocketRR
Had mine since 2015 excellent bike and some excellent upgrades available from our hosts.
No issues with it at all and very easy to work on.
By RocketRR
I bought some new standard mudguards off a well known auction site and just had them water film transfer coated in brushed ally finish.
I think it will look awesome and bargain compared to having ally ones made.
Just waiting for them to be lacquered and polished.
IMG_4160.jpg

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles