This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Gaura
Hi all, looking for some advise. IF everything is equal as to condition of bikes, would there be a difference in desirability between a 1970 and a 1969 model ? Difference in desirability between a large tank UK bike vs the chrome tank US model?
I have located both of the above bikes and trying to decide which one.... The '69 has the larger UK tank, '70 is the chrome tank... Really appreciate any input from those that know!
By RocketRR
I guess it's down to a matter of taste between the two as underneath both should be MK2's at that age.
I prefer the chrome export style the look is absolutely spot on in my opinion.
The export bike I have is very comfortable to ride but yes it has a smaller tank with less range but I have a Himalayan for long distance travels. Also with the smaller tank you get slightly more engine noise if you are fussy about that sort of thing. It's personal choice as always .
By Gaura
Thanks, I kind of thought the same... Felt that one being the last year may make a difference. I also have a Himalayan! Tired the Himalayas last year on one and had to buy one for myself when i got home...
By VicMaF
If I had the money I would buy one of each. The Interceptor is such an iconic shape. The good thing about the new Jensen is that it has the power it should have had before. Previous incarnations like the S4 had an asthmatic version of the Chrysler 360
By Dan H
Gaura wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:17 pm
Hi all, looking for some advise. IF everything is equal as to condition of bikes, would there be a difference in desirability between a 1970 and a 1969 model ? Difference in desirability between a large tank UK bike vs the chrome tank US model?
I have located both of the above bikes and trying to decide which one.... The '69 has the larger UK tank, '70 is the chrome tank... Really appreciate any input from those that know!

I would not expect a 1969 or 1970 model Interceptor to have any difference in desirability, the only possible benefit is the 1970 model may have had more of the extras fitted as standard, where as the the 1969 model would have been optional equipment which may, or may not have been specified.

A UK spec bike is certainly a lot rarer than the USA version, but it will come down to personal preference and I would not expect one to command a higher price than the other. My personal preference on the looks is the export spec, even with the reduced range with the smaller petrol tank.

If you have a link or some photos of the bikes and would like more comments, post them up on here and I am sure others will give more advice.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles