This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By RoSy
From Within your User Control Panel, under “Profile” you can add an avatar by using one of the four following methods: Gravatar, Gallery, Remote or Upload. FAQs Avatar.....I can only find Upload, and it won't except photo's or the like, so what would be less than 12 KiB? because that is what it is asking for.
By Paul MH
I just found a very old one on my computer from around 1998 that I think will work lest see if it come up on this post. :D
By Wheaters
Id say be careful which avatar you use or people might get the wrong impression! :D
By RoSy
So where do you find these Avatars?
By Chris [Stockport]
It is strange, I couldn't do anything with the avatars and then I found this photo of a California poppy taken in my back garden years ago and it worked. No idea at all why or how...
Chris
PS Just experimenting with photos while I'm at it, here's one taken at Rivington barn maybe five years ago. If it works.
Attachments
P1050413.JPG
By Graeme @ Hitchcocks
RoSy wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:01 am
So where do you find these Avatars?
For technical reasons we have chosen not to allow (at this point in time) the use of Gravatar, Gallery and remote avatars which are mentioned as being available in the FAQs. The only option is to upload a suitable picture from your PC/Mac etc. They have to be small (max dimensions 90 pixels high and 90 pixels wide, and with a max file size of 12kb) so you will probably have to edit the picture to bring it down to this size. You then use then use the standard Forum "edit avatar" functions to upload it. If the picture is too large it won't load and you will need to edit it to reduce the size and try again.
By Les
You can manage a poor quality pic but needs a bit of work on the pc to set up
By Les
Here we go you will need to convert your image to the GIF file format before resizing it to the size option acceptable to the forum so you will need to use some sort of picture editing software
By Paul MH
just changed mine to a more suitable one. :lol:

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles