This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By DWS
The new Forum looks very good but can anyone tell me how to Edit or Delete a post please?
By Will H
Just looking at the FAQ section I have pasted the answer below:
You can only edit or delete your own posts. You can edit a post by clicking the edit button for the relevant post, for only a limited time (5 minutes) after the post was made. If someone has already replied to the post, you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic which lists the number of times you edited it along with the date and time. Please note you cannot delete a post once someone has replied.
By DWS
Hi Will H,
Yes I read that in the FAQs too however, there doesn't appear to be any buttons or tools anywhere within posts to achieve the desired actions? Hence my initial post.
By Graeme @ Hitchcocks
You can only edit or delete your own posts. You cant delete a new post if someone has replied to it and you can only delete or edit new post for 5 minutes after posting them. To edit or delete a post use the icon in the right hand courner of the post (it looks like a sprocket with a down pointing arrow next to it) but note that the Edit and Delete functions don't appear after the 5mins have passed).
By DWS
Hello Graham

OK, Thanks for that, 5 minuets doesn't give you much time to edit or delete. The reason I ask is, for example, if you want to change/reduce the price for a bike for sale, the only way I've found is to create a whole new post. Also if you have a bike for sale, and it is sold, there is no way to advise members it is sold.

These actions can be done at ant time on most other forums I am a member of.
By Graeme @ Hitchcocks
This is something we debated and the concerns is that on some forums which have no restrictions, replies/comments are made to a post and then the initial post is edited and the replies/comments no longer make sense.

However, we will review this along with any other comments/requests in a few weeks time when we are all more familiar with how the Forum works and are in a better position to judge the impact of any changes to it.
By Wheaters
Graeme,

I'm very impressed with the new setup. I run a website for a small car club and this forum compares very favourably to the one we use!

Can I politely suggest that the time to edit a post is increased to say, 20 minutes? I always like to spell check my own stuff and despite my best efforts in advance I often find my mistakes only after posting them ...five minutes isn't very long to correct a grammatical error or a factual inaccuracy. Thanks, Paul.
By DWS
Graeme @ Hitchcocks wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:37 pm
This is something we debated and the concerns is that on some forums which have no restrictions, replies/comments are made to a post and then the initial post is edited and the replies/comments no longer make sense.

However, we will review this along with any other comments/requests in a few weeks time when we are all more familiar with how the Forum works and are in a better position to judge the impact of any changes to it.
Thanks for that Graeme, as Paul mentioned, occasionally you may wish to change or add something to a post and a bit longer to make such amendments would be really useful.
Cheers, Dave

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles