This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Wheaters
I was informed earlier today that my work commitment for Sunday afternoon (12th) has now been cancelled.

I'm keen to get out this weekend because I've changed the fuel tap since I last rode my 350 and I'm hoping to find out if the fuel shortage problem is fixed.
By AndrewA
Am still up for a ride tomorrow, looks like 3 of us can make it, Wheaters and Super45, anyone else free?

Assume we'd be best off meeting earlier in the day, so how does a 9.00 am meet in the car park next to the Spar in Bakewell sound?
By Wheaters
I won't be able to make 0900 at Bakewell, it's the best part of an hour and a half for me to get there and I have family commitments to deal with first thing. I'd prefer to meet a bit later, or at Heage Windmill at 11:00.
By Super45
bakewell would be better for me as no idea where the windmill is however I’ve just noticed I’ve got no rear brake light on either switch and the bulb is fine (tail light still works) so that will require some investigation when it’s light bloody annoying as it only passed it’s test the other week
By Wheaters
See you there (Heage - it's only about half a mile from the farm fields where I learned to ride a motorbike in about 1968)! 8-)

Hopefully my bike clothing will have dried out from today - after her 20 year break from motorcycling I finally got my wife to come out with me again on my "old" other bike (a 1991 Honda 750 Nighthawk - my RE 350 Bullet Electra is a mere youngster, being from 2004). Despite the reasonable weather forecast it turned out to be the worst weather that bike has ever been ridden in and we got absolutely drenched and half frozen; it even hailed on us coming down the back road from Mam Tor to Edale and on to Hope village! Coupled with getting stuck behind weekend car drivers who must think their SUV is as wide as a 40 tonne HGV and apparently can't drive above 20 mph on a road with a 60 mph limit without braking for every corner, or on sighting every pedestrian, bicycle, oncoming car or pretty tree, it wasn't much fun.

Then spent two hours cleaning the cow muck and mud off the bike before I put it away for the night. :roll:

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles