This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Wheaters
I can possibly nip over to Belper first, to check the old folks' memorial stones are all in order - it's a while since I was there.

What sort of time do you think you might arrive at the Heage Windmill, chaps? It's about 45 mins along the A6.
By Wheaters
Andrew, Phil - Good to meet you both today. What a glorious mix of classic bikes at the Windmill meet!

My apologies for not sticking around with you for as much as I had intended. The Heage area is my old "stomping ground" although I left there in 1976 to join the RAF. Today I met some old school friends, one of whom I'd not seen for forty six years (!) after we both left school so I got distracted talking to him.

I'll be up for another ride out anytime soon. I suggest a meet at the "Yondermann" cafe, an increasingly popular bikers' halt which lies on the main road between Stoney Middleton and Buxton, at Wardlow Mires. There are some really pleasant routes around there. Cheers, PW.
By Super45
Nice to meet you all Gents

any time you fancy let me know and I'd gladly lead a route we took recently on a vintage tractor run though the goyt valley near buxton, a lot slower as your on single track lanes but enjoyable non the less due to the scenery

All tarmacked so no need for nobblies tyres

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles