This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Chris [Stockport]
Just been looking at the internet:

In Cambridge, the warranty for the new 650 twins seems to be 3 years, but it's only two in Rochdale.
Is a warranty an issue for the dealers or from the manufacturer?
Just wondering...
By Mark M
As the customer you deal with the person/organisation you bought it from. If they try and fob you off by saying it has to go through the manufacturer go and see your local Trading Standards! I think that under current Euro-law (I expect business will try and lessen the consumer protection after Brexit,) you get 2 years on manufacturing defects.

REgards, Mark
By OldBoy67
It looks like 3 years manufacturer warranty for the 650 twins (only).

Several other dealers are advertising 3 years as well as Cambridge.

Regards OB
By OldBoy67
Mmm...on second thoughts. RE has definitely formally announced 3 years for the Indian market for the twins (only), but they don't seem to have made a similar formal announcement for Europe. Their website is very unhelpful (as usual). However they would probably be shooting themselves in the foot if they only offered 2 years here.
By Wayne
Well, - 3 years in Cambridge - but only 2 in Rochdale - the old North / south debate rears its ugly head once more - expect hoards of angry northern folk in Rochdale soon.... ( dont tell the French - they will all be out on strike )
By Adrian
... or possibly hoards of angry northern folk headed for Cambridge. I assume we're talking about Haywards here, who supplied my first RE in 2005.

A.
By Borsuk
Eddy`s Moto in Shipley quoted 3 years when I picked mine up, including the Recovery Insurance, which I have no idea how to invoke.
By Presto
Motogb [the importers] clearly state on their web site in a highlighted box a 3 year warranty for the twins.
By Chris [Stockport]
Just had a look at the Robinsons of Rochdale website which now states it's 3 years.

I suppose we all would need to ask anyway. And also to check if the 3rd year covers all the things the 1st year did.
By Vintage_Barcelona
Hi,

Here in Spain, the warranty it's 3 years on manufacturing defects and road assistance.
I think that's the same for all Europe.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles