This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By macg4
Since my return to Bulleteering, I have encountered a relatively new phenomena.Long slow moving lines of traffic, normally headed by a small "city" type saloon car.It seems incapable of exceeding 50mph under any road conditions.Are these vehicles geriatric by design, or, as I suspect, fitted with some type of Telematic device. If this is the case, then they are becoming a real menace. I have witnessed some truly horrific overtaking manoeuvers from motorists desperate to escape these sleepy processions. Currently, we all enjoy the freedom of the open road, the freedom to dictate our own legal roadspeed, without the Telematic locks and chains imposed on us by other road users motoring offences.
By macg4
Ah.. I see we've found the level!. I was going to continue with the news of the big spike in rider casualties this year.Wonder how many met their premature demise whilst overtaking. Then go on to a discussion about filtering. Too ambitious?
By Andy M
The wifes Micra is brilliant to drive. 3 cylinder, weighs nothing and has all round visability almost at bike levels. Not great at illegal speeds, but with thd cameras its getting there that counts.

Faffing-fortyists are a PITA. Usually 60 going on 97, oblivious to everything, which is why they'll cheerfully do 40 in a 30 limit or 40 in 60 with truck 3 inches off their back bumper. Just another variation on the selfish nature of modern life.

There is also the "speed is dangerous" message they've been pushing so long people believe it. I overtook 3 cars in a single move on Sunday. Car 1 was the faffing-fortyist. Car 2 wanted to go faster but thought the dashes and hashes meant he had to tailgate. Car 3, well who knows, probably texting. 25HP, no breaking the speed limit and all three were left eating curry flavoured dust.

Andy
By ric
Black (telematic) boxes are sometimes the only option available for young inexperienced drivers in high risk areas simply wishing to travel to work without paying over £3,000 for the pleasure of doing so. A keen eye often reveals the tell tale boot lid sticker of advising of such a device fitted to the vehicle.
By ric
Darwins law will often sort out those who think overtaking on the approach to a blind bend is
standard driving practice...
By Mark M
I was only joking about the Micra, it was my Mum's car and she gave it to us when she gave up driving. It was ok for a small car but was at it's limit at motorway speeds. It developed a cold start problem which I eventually diagnosed as a faulty sensor which I fixed, and then sold it for something with the room to carry bike bits about!

REgards, Mark
By Alan R
or it might be a Morris 1000 in front !! ( I've run 4 of those in my time including an Ex-GPO one to the Munich beer festival !!).....

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles