This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By simon

I love this site and the useful dialogue that goes on between fans of the marque but this registration process seems a little OTT for me. What is the point of a registration? Moreover having registered why to we then have to go through the rigmarol of the confirmation number. This is surely getting a bit out of hand for a motorcycle enthusiasts site. CIA perhaps.

Simon

By Andy C

Sadly I think that Chevy is right.

Once registered it's no big shake to login - I wonder what effect it will have on message board traffic.

By Dennis C

Andy

I feel sure that the message board traffic will be down on what it was, but I also feel that the posts you get will be more from the genuine posters and less from the troll's.

By Midge

Its a good thing, at last we can rely on contributions being genuine and hopefully get to know each other a little better.

Midge, REOC member in Hampshire, 1999 500 bullet

By PeteF

If you have Windows 7 (don't know about earlier versions) you can have windows remember your log in details so you don't need to type them in every time.

When the system has proved itself I suspect the spam catcher will dissappear and it could be redesigned so you don't need to enter you name either. (after all, if you're signed on it knows who you are)

At least we would know who's posting then. I'm afraid I find the use of multiple nicknames rather irritating.

By Paul M H

As already said once register its no hardship to log in as the computer remembers me user name mail & password. They only want your name & a live E-mail  address for confirmation.

Besides as Midge says give us more chance to get to know each other people can still browse without registering.

RE Member 10899 in Muswell Hill

By Martin C

I subscribe to several professional & leisure web-forums, and it's a perfectly reasonable & customary requiremen for all of the others.  I'm surprised Allan hasn't introduced it here before.

By simon
Had a very gracious reply to my query from Mr H. Seems there has been all sorts of carry on and threats in response. You have to wonder how daft people can be and wonder how bored and stupid you'd have to be to stuff up an excellent and free forum such as this. Just goes to show you should never underestimate the potential of stupidity in the great unwashed. I shall henceforth log in with pleasure knowing that alternative is having nowhere to discuss the trials and tribulations of bulleting with like minded brethren.  

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles