This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By tonyair1
Hi, I have just started to rebuild a Basket Case Model B 1938.
First Enfield i have owned (BSA up to Now!!)
I am short of a few items. Could anyone tell me if parts are easy to find? Who is the best person / company to speak to regarding spares etc.
Parts needed so far, Tin chaincases, inner and outer, Gear change lever, footrest brackets. Twistgrip
Is the REOC worth joining? Do they have a spares scheme for Vintage bikes? I see Hitchcocks seem to be linked to the club somehow. Will they keep Vintage spares? If so i will make a list for them.
Look Forward to any replies.Tony
By Paul M H
Yes I do think the REOC are worth joining IMHO. The REOC also have a Magazine called THE GUN that you can place a Ad in it for Spares wanted and other members put Ads in for spares for sale. They also have lots of information and contacts for help with most Models.
Also its worth Speaking too Hitchcock's in Person as they carry loads of parts New and secondhand that are not all listed on site.
By Mark M
Tony, as I have said on at least 2 occasions now, there are lots of good reasons to join the REOC, if you read any of my previous posts you'll see why. Model B not that common but parts also come up in Vintage Motor Cycle Club small adverts and rarely, but worth looking, on ebay.
REgards, Mark
By tonyair1
Thank you gents for your replies.
REOC Here i come!
Cheers
Tony
By Mark M
I saw that ebay bike at Cheltenham Autojumble last saturday and while it is pretty much all there the photos don't show how rusty it is! Serious pitting to rear frame chainstays for instance. As with all ebay (and auctions generally!) Buyer Beware!
REgards, Mark
By tonyair1
Hi Guys, Yes i have been watching the bike on EBAy, what a lot of money!
Got my boxes of bits for £60 so i am very pleased even though its missing a few parts.
It is slightly different in that it has a mag and a dyno, a different gearbox, tank is differnt as well.
Off to Corfu tomorrow , never know what i might find out there, Whats Easy Jets weight limit!!!
Cheers
Tony
By Alan R
Hi matey !!--------------- Easy Jet WAIT limit can be anything up to 3 weeks if your'e lucky !!

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles