This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By John
The routes I printed for all riders (at my own expense) were a waste of time as none of the riders carried a means of using them. Had only a tail ender carried one, then no one would have got left behind. Even using the drop off method would not work without carrying a route. Keeping an eye on all 8 riders from the front is not easy when they are all spread out, and blaming the leader is hardly fair. All riders should carry routes, and a holder, which clips to the handle bars is not expensive, but pretty useful, particularly when I brought enough to go round. I suggest that all members of a ride-out share the task of looking out for the rider behind. This is a new group, and as yet we hardly know each other. Once we do, then we shall have an chance for better organizing. We must not lay blame on one poor guy, particularly when it's me! This was obviously a fraught day. My bike broke down before I set off, we lost two riders, a rider suffered a break down, and one rider ran into the back of Barry's side car carrying me in it. Just put last Sunday down as one of those days and get over it. West Yorkshire V South Lancs in the war of the roses with bullets?

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles