This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
By Jamesy
Test rode a scram a few weeks ago and was very impressed with its handling and performance.I found it got up to 70 mph very easily with plenty to spare.A vlogger test riding it reports it goes up to 60 mph easily and struggles to reach 70mph.Any scram owners or Himalayan owners agree with this?
By Trev
papasmurf wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:15 pm
What is a "Scram," please?
I Himalayan with a 19" front wheel, no racks, centre stand or screen and one piece seat, a sort of scrambler version of teh Himalayan, it doesn't look as bad as you might think.
By Trev
Jamesy wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:00 pm
Test rode a scram a few weeks ago and was very impressed with its handling and performance.I found it got up to 70 mph very easily with plenty to spare.A vlogger test riding it reports it goes up to 60 mph easily and struggles to reach 70mph.Any scram owners or Himalayan owners agree with this?
I have a 2019 Himalayan and it does accelerate up to 70mph and bit beyond but I wouldn't describe it as 'very easily' although I suppose that depends on what your point of reference is. Compared to my 500 UCE Enfield, although not quite as pokey, the Himmy does get up to 70 more easily, compared to every other bike I own, it struggles.
By Jamesy
I also did a test ride on a Himalayan on the same day and did find it a bit slower to achieve 70 mph.Although they say the scram has the same engine I am wondering if they have remapped the engine or whatever.Sorely tempted to take another test ride on the scram to make sure I am not imagining things.
Note. Both test bikes had 1200 and 1400 miles on the clock so we're ran in.
By Trev
Jamesy wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:13 pm
I also did a test ride on a Himalayan on the same day and did find it a bit slower to achieve 70 mph.Although they say the scram has the same engine I am wondering if they have remapped the engine or whatever.Sorely tempted to take another test ride on the scram to make sure I am not imagining things.
Note. Both test bikes had 1200 and 1400 miles on the clock so we're ran in.
They're both quoted at same power and torque at the same revs so not sure Enfield have bothered to change anything, on past experience I would be surprised. More likely the 14kg weight difference and lack of screen + lower ride height lets the Scram accelerate slightly more quickly .... or slightly less slowly :D

There's no doubt it feels nippier so if this is important then deffo go for the Scram. It'll still do some light off road and pretty easy to equip with soft luggage for travelling so not a huge disadvantage over the Himmy unless you aim to use it on proper trails.
By Duke of Wybourne.
Jamesy wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:00 pm
My Himalayan worked fine at 70. I usually run a bike where everything feels right, and 70 was good. I left everything standard as well. Just don't mention the misting up instruments, the dissolving rubber components, and the questionable wiring. If anyone is stuck for rubbers for the rear brake cylinder wire terminal, a trimmed Husqvarna chainsaw plug cap works perfectly, and will outlast the bike. I think I used them on other bits as well from memory.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles