This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13925
"Let the next generation worry, this one's made a big enough mess of everything, I'll get out and ride my bike as long as I'm able, and enjoy it"

Wow. Good luck next generations. This is exactly the narrow minded and ignorant point of view that is causing most of the world's issues.

Human-caused climate change has already caused tremendous harm and without large-scale change and preventative measures, the current situation will prove to be a taste of what is to come.
Heat waves, floods, storms and droughts will cause the deaths of millions of humans and non-human beings.
Migration movements across the globe, mass starvation events and even wars over water and food.
More Plant and animal species will die out.

In the remote future, even the human race may become extinct.

But hey, enjoy your ride.
This morning I came across an emissions event, visible from my back garden.
Remember those old tyres that we all have to pay for, to be environmentally disposed of, hence saving the planet?

Here’s a few of them being disposed of:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/fir ... ll-7426547

With that lot in the atmosphere I reckon the exhaust output from a few RE Bullets isn’t going to make much difference.
Wheaters wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:07 pm
Remember those old tyres that we all have to pay for, to be environmentally disposed of, hence saving the planet?

With that lot in the atmosphere I reckon the exhaust output from a few RE Bullets isn’t going to make much difference.
You're hardly being fair.
Those tyres were stored there awaiting recycling. NOT by burning, but by reprocessing into "other things".
It was, I believe, what is called an industrial accident. (Two people were hospitalised).

But yes, it was some cloud - I saw it from Chesterfield.
Contributing to global dimming. Apparently this is a thing, when there was a ban on flying in US air space immediately after 9/11 the lack of vapour trails from the big jets allowed the sun to increase the temperature by just enough to measure! Bill Gates is alleged to have been considering getting loads of dust chucked into the atmosphere to shade us from the sun a bit (think of all those extra-red sunsets in the paintings after Krakatoa erupted in 1883). He'd better not, we've just ordered solar panels...

A.
410Rider wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:07 am
Wheaters wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:07 pm

You're hardly being fair.
Those tyres were stored there awaiting recycling. NOT by burning, but by reprocessing into "other things".
It was, I believe, what is called an industrial accident. (Two people were hospitalised).

But yes, it was some cloud - I saw it from Chesterfield.
Yes, of course it was an accident; they wouldn’t get away with setting an enormous bonfire like that on purpose! But the effect on the atmosphere is the same. The smoke column was actually penetrating the clouds and further clouds were forming alongside it, almost like a volcanic eruption.

I had a look at the area where these tyres are stored on Google Earth. It’s huge, directly alongside a mixed industrial site. I suspect some of those tyres have been there for a very, very long time. I wasn’t surprised that people were injured. I stood about half a mile upwind from the fire, it was a vast, boiling inferno and was still burning this afternoon. Ten fire engines were there at one time.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles